The News Thread

that might be the epitome of 'fake news headline' on that clip right there

Obama asked a legit point, if you suggest you're going to keep and/or bring back jobs, how would you do it? Trump campaigned on "I make deals, i'll get it done."

Easy answer is just the common place decisions for any company : pay them because they hold your future

The deal with Carrier that Mr. Trump came here Thursday to claim credit for will save at least 1,100 jobs, and Carrier will receive multiyear state economic incentives worth a total of $7 million, which were negotiated by Mike Pence, Indiana’s governor and soon to be vice president.

You don't say how you'll do it because it reduces your ability to make a good deal. Note this is something that only applies to haggling. According to something I read, most of that incentive they would already receive, and it's a fraction of what they would save by moving. There was probably something else involved.

Future thoughts: Will Arnold try to mimic Trumps path to the White House? Apparently he's following him into Celebrity Apprentice, and his commercial certainly paints him in a very Trumpian way. Talk about a President Camacho.

I wonder how long Dylann Roof will make it in prison, he should be shitting his pants.

Reactions: CiG
"Nigel Farage has said he is relieved to no longer be Ukip leader because it had meant “having to deal with low-grade people every day”, in an interview where he said his £85,000-a-year salary had left him “poor” compared with his City banker friends."

Must resist 'sneering' at fucktard UKIP voting types that view people like him as 'men of the people'.

You clown, you didn't actually read beyond the headline did you?

Former party leader ‘having a great time’ not having to deal with people ‘who use me as a vehicle for their own self-promotion’
“I don’t have to spend my life dealing with people I would never have a drink with, who I would never employ and who use me as a vehicle for their own self-promotion. There are a lot of great people in Ukip. The problem is that Ukip has become a bit like the other parties: people view it as a means to get elected.”
“I am having a great time,” he said. “I am not having to deal with low-grade people every day. I am not responsible for what our branch secretary in Lower Slaughter said half-cut on Twitter last night – that isn’t my fault any more. I don’t have to go to eight-hour party executive meetings.
Farage said his years as Ukip leader had meant he had sacrificed much of his earning potential. “I have no regrets about being poor,” he said of his MEP’s salary. “I don’t drive smart cars, I don’t go on fancy holidays. All my money has gone on my kids’ education.”

No it doesn't at all. :lol:

He's ripping on the people within UKIP, so why would that change how people view him? If anything, ranting about other politicians using you to get ahead and the bureaucrats within his party that he'd never want to go have a drink with actually makes him seem more like a man of the people stereotype.

Reactions: Dak
So you live in a universe where attacks upon political parties and their politicians don't go hand in hand with attacks upon the people that vote for those parties?

Where it makes perfect sense for a man viewed by his supporters (who are generally poorer) as one of them, despite earning a good 3.5x the average, despite sending his kids to expensive schools, to complain that he felt poor on such a salary?

Come on, noodles.

His comments on money seemed more like an attempt to say that he didn't do politics for the money and he could have just gone after the money in other areas. Somewhat of a statement of doing what he saw as right > doing what he knows would be lucrative.

Either way, I don't see your characterisation presented in this article and you haven't done a very convincing job thus far of carrying your premise. Attacking the political ladder-climbers in UKIP will most likely resonate with UKIP's supporters, the rise of UKIP/Trump is associated with anti-establishmentarianism in many respects so I very much doubt they'll see it the way you do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dak