The News Thread

it happened in the county i grew up in. used to be a nice area, but now trash like that bitch moved in. and the area is blue (was red the entire time I lived there), so im not surprised. all of my family and most of the people i grew up with moved with White Flight,

Only twats believed he would stick to his plans anyway. The guy is more flip-floppy than a Magikarp on PCP.

The way Trump makes deals and proposes plans is a lot like a salesman. At first you set the bar as high as possible, higher than you actually expect to come to terms. Then even after negotiating/haggling, he gets a better deal than if he were to have gone in with a more reasonable proposition. Inevitably just about anything that Trump has promised at face value becomes a gross exaggeration of what he probably expects to negotiate. I guess this could be seen as deceptive, but it is honestly a good thing that he shows a willingness to negotiate. I have seen him soften his stance on a good handful of issues, but I dont think he has flip-flopped entirely on any of them to this point.

Oh yeah she didn't leave him out there, she just traumatized unnecessarily him for being an individual and then when the video went viral she did the whole "just a joke" thing. Didn't look like a joke to me or I assume anybody with a kid/kids.

But he's obviously not homeless or anything. :lol:

That reaction was real. It doesnt even matter if she never meant to put him out on the streets, this was straight up abuse. To all of those people talking about being offended by innocuous remarks, this is what verbal abuse actually looks like. The problem is that taking the kid away from her because of this would probably communicate to the kid that he really was kicked out because he "voted" for Trump. You dont play pranks like this on kids.

The way Trump makes deals and proposes plans is a lot like a salesman. At first you set the bar as high as possible, higher than you actually expect to come to terms. Then even after negotiating/haggling, he gets a better deal than if he were to have gone in with a more reasonable proposition. Inevitably just about anything that Trump has promised at face value becomes a gross exaggeration of what he probably expects to negotiate. I guess this could be seen as deceptive, but it is honestly a good thing that he shows a willingness to negotiate. I have seen him soften his stance on a good handful of issues, but I dont think he has flip-flopped entirely on any of them to this point.

That's one way to look at it I guess. :lol:

I think it's likely more a case that he's just still a democrat.

If you mean requiring every voter to present an ID when voting, I'm in favor of that.

Sure, but I think it's fair to say that the bulk of it's opposition are on the left and right now the bulk of those wanting to abolish the electoral college system are also on the left.

The electoral college system inherently discourages voter fraud so I'm just wondering if anybody sees this too, that having no I.D. laws with a popular vote system would be rather nuts.

Sure, but I think it's fair to say that the bulk of it's opposition are on the left and right now the bulk of those wanting to abolish the electoral college system are also on the left.

The electoral college system inherently discourages voter fraud so I'm just wondering if anybody sees this too, that having no I.D. laws with a popular vote system would be rather nuts.

Well I think we should have ID laws even if we keep the electoral college system and I don't see how it discourages voter fraud as you said. I think the lack of ID laws is nuts either way. You need an ID to do anything, even people on welfare find a way to get an ID for that.

Reactions: Dak
I don't think the electoral college discourages voter fraud necessarily. It does discourage voter turnout, so in that vein perhaps. Really though, the main thing that discourages voter fraud is that it's difficult to get away with, with or without voter ID laws.

I mean, voter fraud will just be focused more on other states instead of distributed evenly. I don't think voter fraud is widespread enough or would be with voter ID s that we should base our entire election system around it.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Edit:

CyMSLT2XgAEHlTh.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG