The News Thread

US Defense Secretary James Mattis issued a dramatic ultimatum to North Korea on Wednesday to "cease any consideration of actions that would lead to the end of its regime and destruction of its people" -- strong words that come just one day after President Donald Trump warned that the US could unleash "fire and fury" on Pyongyang.

"The DPRK must choose to stop isolating itself and stand down its pursuit of nuclear weapons," Mattis said in a written statement, adding that the "regime's actions will continue to be grossly overmatched by ours and would lose any arms race or conflict it initiates."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/09/politics/mattis-pentagon-north-korea/index.html

That might be giving him too much credit, but I think it's interesting that there are now many Hillary Clinton supporters lamenting Donald Trump's mounting conflict with North Korea and claiming that this wouldn't be happening with Hillary Clinton.

I beg to differ. She has a track record of interviews outlining exactly how she would deal with North Korea and where the line in the sand is for her if she were the president.

Even on the topic of military conflict, it wasn't a sure bet that Hillary Clinton would be the safest choice, Donald Trump may well be a wild card buffoon but Hillary Clinton is on the record for her many stances in relation to international affairs and military conflict.

If this video is anything to go by, Donald Trump is merely months behind with North Korea compared to Hillary Clinton's plans.

Either way, rather a horrifying series of events. Donald Trump is an embarrassment it would seem in all areas.

Reactions: Dak
I'm more bothered at the indifference to the garbage state that is NK and how China backs them.

If worst case scenario happens SK is fucked. Seoul is within arty range

The alt-right protests last night were relatively ordered and calm from what I see. Leave it to radical leftist ANTIFA members to up the ante. The Dodge Challenger guy looks at fault though, usually I support vehicular manslaughter of "protestors" that leave the driver no alternative, but that guy just piledrove them outright.

Reactions: The Ozzman
It'd be nice if the liberal side of the Supreme Court today held to the same convictions it had in the 80s and simply reminded everyone that Nazis are granted the right to peacefully assemble and protest. Someone needs to bring these various riots all the way up to the highest courts. Then we could see the US Marshals called in instead, and leftist cucks like the lying governor of Virginia arrested for violation of the constitution.

... a huge chunk of her supporters have that kind of venomous mindset. It's a signature libtard trait.

Lol @ all these people buying into the "north korea is a threat to the U.S." propaganda. I swear everyone over here just eats up any piece of shit that the government and media forcefully put on their plates. Sad.

Reactions: CiG and Dak
Good to know Hillary Clinton has no deranged pieces of shit in her supporter base.

View attachment 11144

TJMWgYT.png

:lol:

Reactions: CiG
you dont find it funny that she has "boycott hate" in her profile yet she spewed out all that hate cassette posted? A typical by the book liberal. She's basically mort.

"boycott hate"
"KILL DONALD TRUMP!"
"TRUMP IS A CHILD RAPIST"
"DIE DIE DIE"