The News Thread

peaceful.png

This is why I don't feel remotely bad for anyone harmed during the car onslaught, even though the driver clearly committed murder. These masked subhuman thugs can't find a constitutional right they respect, and worse yet are the patsies and the victims that don't even realize they're being fucked.

That was channel 8 though, this is what happened to channel 6 (which the media still dodges around):

https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews/status/896950108708888576

I read somewhere that the scumbag driving the car retaliated because his car was being damaged by counter-protesters.
Apparently he had his rear window busted.

The narrative has already formed from what I can see and it seems to completely omit the violence of the counter-protesters. I saw one photo of a guy with a homemade flamethrower shooting it at idiots with Nazi flags. It seems like the violence was instigated by Antifa.

I mean, when you say you want a street war and a revolution, common sense would dictate that you will eventually get just that.

To be fair, the best video clearly shows that there were few people behind him when he went carmageddon, and hundreds of people ahead of him. The first visible instance of harm to his car was when an ANTIFA guy swings a bat, after Fields had already begun to accelerate towards a screaming crowd. I've seen the photo of the rearview window and it looks like it could just be the reflection of a crowd. In any case, no place would buy a self-defense argument just because vandalism was committed. If he really wanted to get off, he should have just stopped a little bit in front of the crowd, waited for the crowd to attack his car (particularly going for the driver-side window/handle), and then floored it. As is, it's one of the most premeditated-looking vehicular homicides I've seen.

Reactions: CiG
That piece makes some good points and some bad ones.

The ACLU is getting shit and it shouldn't be getting shit. That's the fault of the left-wing war battalion run amok. It looks like the mayor handled the entire situation very poorly, and that this contributed to the shape of events.

The writer doth protest too much, however, when it comes to James Fields. To say he mowed down counterprotestors because he was "startled" is bullshit, and a poor fucking excuse. Additionally, Fields was a white nationalist; he was photographed at the rally, and it's perfectly sensible to connect his crime with his beliefs.

Reactions: rms
That piece makes some good points and some bad ones.

The ACLU is getting shit and it shouldn't be getting shit. That's the fault of the left-wing war battalion run amok. It looks like the mayor handled the entire situation very poorly, and that this contributed to the shape of events.

The writer doth protest too much, however, when it comes to James Fields. To say he mowed down counterprotestors because he was "startled" is bullshit, and a poor fucking excuse. Additionally, Fields was a white nationalist; he was photographed at the rally, and it's perfectly sensible to connect his crime with his beliefs.

I agree with you on all points.

Last edited:

That piece is incredibly biased tbh. What is Medium.com anyways? Is it a place where pretend journalists can be published on a slick website and look professional? He not only cites a second-hand account from The_Donald regarding a person being blinded, he also fails to even know that bleach is not an acid. He invents a claim that the driver of the Dodge was attacked from behind (no video evidence yet afaik), but immediately gives all the benefit of the doubt possible for what is clearly on video. I hate seeing what should be a good article, bringing attention to the ACLU's defense of the Nazis and the fact that all speech, including controversial speech, should be protected, but when they include dumb shit like that it hurts the entire case in the eyes of the common pleb.

Reactions: Dak