The News Thread

Probably yeah, but notoriety goes a long way. There are alt-right guys that post stuff much worse than Jones as well but many of them go by unnoticed because if an edgy joke is told in the woods and no one is there to hear it...

What have TYT done? I thought they pretty much just did their videos from their little set in Cenk's basement. Jones has a long history of going out into the streets to rile people up and scream at people he doesn't like.

What have TYT done? I thought they pretty much just did their videos from their little set in Cenk's basement. Jones has a long history of going out into the streets to rile people up and scream at people he doesn't like.

Isn't that basically every public protest? Antifa? Etc.?

Isn't that basically every public protest? Antifa? Etc.?

Sure but ANTIFA is made up of anonymous cowards they certainly don't have a leader that broadcasts his name and face through social media channels. Which particular ANTIFA, TYT, etc groups profit off of controversy and passive-aggressive stunts using social media channels as a platform?

Not to deny that there is an anti-right wing bias, nor to deny that certain privilege groups get immunity. I know that Mister Merktor guy was recently shut down on both YouTube and Twitter temporarily, apparently for pranking some dumbass journalist but probably in part because he has a reputation of verbally attacking fatties and SJWs. Anything with racial elements from a right-wing perspective put under extra scrutiny; Cadence Owens had tweets deleted because she took that NYT Korean's tweets and replaced "white" with "jew", for example. Alex Jones doesn't really do the right-wing movement any good when he's punished largely for flagrant stupidity rather than ideology, and when he does it to market himself. He's just an easy target and he revels in it.

I just don't understand how anybody would get mad at Alex Jones. If you get so mad at a guy like that that you threaten physical violence like Marco "frat boy" Rubio did you must be one insecure piece of garbage. The guy is fundamentally hilarious, if he heckled me I'd fucking laugh.

And the fact that this little GOP cuck worm pretended to not know who Alex Jones is at a hearing about social media bias etc just proves how much of a lying snake he is. InfoWars is the case example dominating this very subject right now.

TYT is basically Infowars in terms of the normal set video content. Cenk and Alex are practically blood brothers. The megaphone and physical touching are nothing radically specific to Infowars or Alex Jones. He might be a chucklehead, but the pretending that Only Nazis Are Real is clear bias.

Alex Jones denied the Sandy Hook massacre, Cenk Uygur denied the Armenian Genocide. Basically both the same twat and equally as entertaining.

I'm not a big TYT fan, but I should point out that there's no equivalency here. Cenk denied the Armenian Genocide back when he was conservative and has since changed his views. Meanwhile Jones directly profited from denying the Sandy Hook massacre (and could possibly soon pay a big price for doing so).

:lol: so the only difference is...time

In 1991 Uygur wrote an article in The Daily Pennsylvanian in which he promoted Armenian Genocide denial.[19] He reiterated his position in a letter to the editor of Salon in 1999.[20] In a blog post in April 2016, he rescinded the statements

25 years :lol:

yup, 1999 ...
". . . every non-Armenian scholar in the field believes it is an open question whether this event was a genocide. Is it the claim of the article that all of these people are tainted by the tentacles of the Turkish government? If not, then why is it not pointed out that no one outside of the “Armenian position” believes it is a genocide? Why is it assumed that the “Turkish studies side” has the burden of proof in overturning the verdict of Turkish guilt? It is because of the underlying assumption that despite what these people in “Turkish studies” say, there must have been a genocide."

btw that is literally the opposite of the truth. Almost every non-Armenian scholar agrees that millions of Armenians were slaughtered by the turks.

Reactions: CiG
Most people I know who get mad about Jones don't actually get mad at him. I mean, why would that testosterone-y fuck ever hassle a random person? If he accosted me I'd roll my eyes and walk away (but why would he accost me? he doesn't know who the fuck I am).

Most people I know get mad that so many people actually believe him. That's the real problem.

Alex Jones denied the Sandy Hook massacre, Cenk Uygur denied the Armenian Genocide. Basically both the same twat and equally as entertaining.

Cenk is a genocide denier and even his channel is named after the group that perpetuated the genocide, but he just quietly ignores it now. I'm not making any moral comparison between Jones and Cenk, but how one conducts themselves on a platform is relevant. Richard Spencer isn't banned from Twitter either, because he makes mild jokes and passive-aggressive comments, rather than crashing a Google luncheon or Jack Dorsey as he leaves some Congressional hearing.

Reactions: Dak
Alex Jones has become a professional provocateur since around 2012 probably? Infowars has mostly been a broken record since around midway-through the end of the Obama presidency, when it was obvious all of the doomsday predictions based on Dubya, then the financial crisis, then Obama, weren't panning out. Have to up the ante: more screaming and personal appearances were required.

I'm not really invested in the moral or ethical actions of Alex Jones because I've never been a fan, never seen an episode of whatever he does and don't really agree with him on much. For me he's entertainment so I don't give a shit, and even more than that the more he acts like a mongoloid the more enjoyment I personally get so...

I'm not a big TYT fan, but I should point out that there's no equivalency here. Cenk denied the Armenian Genocide back when he was conservative and has since changed his views. Meanwhile Jones directly profited from denying the Sandy Hook massacre (and could possibly soon pay a big price for doing so).

Agreed. There's no equivalency between denying a mass shooting for several years and denying a genocide for the better part of your adult life.

Most people I know who get mad about Jones don't actually get mad at him.

I wasn't talking about the random snowflakes you mingle with, I was talking about people like Marco Rubio or Cenk and Ana from TYT who legitimately get super mad because of Alex Jones. It exposes how fucking insecure and pathetic they are. It'd be like getting mad because a clown came up to you and started doing tricks. Alex is a joke.

Reactions: Dak