The News Thread

If you truly did, you would not say that certain guns shouldn't be owned by civilians

Personally I think the average civilian is either unprepared, untrained, or mentally incapable of responsibly owning certain types of weapons. If you want to own the weapon, you need to be prepared and have the knowledge to use it. The 2nd amendment says that it is a citizen's right to bear arms, but it seems to be that most people agree that people with mental instability should not have them. Is this a violation of the 2nd amendment? I say that it should be a bit more strict; that people who want anything more than a hunting weapon should have training and experience to validate themselves. I did concede a little in my last post, did I not?

1) Military shit is indeed cool. It doesn't matter if it's documentaries, museums, whatever. There's a romanticism behind it that will never go away in my opinion. Are you saying military shit isn't cool?

Yea, it isnt. Wars and killing people is one of the major burdens and regrets of mankind. I dont prescribe to this degenerate horseshit.

2) How presumptuous of you. I think anyone who can think through situations rationally will understand the repercussions of killing any living being. I'm pretty sure I would be fucked up if I had to kill even a dog if it attacked me. But what do I do if I'm attacked by a dog? Do I just let it bite me and potentially kill me? Obviously not. You put it down using whatever means you have available to you if there are no other options available.

In reality though, no one knows how they would react until the situation arises though so my reaction could be completely different from how I think I would react. Some are just more prepared than others because of training or whatever.

You are right, I was presumptuous. I expected you to have more training than you do. I thought you were one of those tactical training kind of dudes who glorified guns, but now I see you as just an average dude who drools at military shit. Have you ever seen someone bleeding out and dying in front of you? Im guessing no. Have you even hunted before?

I have zero military training. I do have layperson medical training (first aid certified and a critical care seminar). Not anywhere near an MD or EMT training obviously, but I'm more prepared than the average person to at least save a life in a situation where a firearm is used (or someone gets their arm severed doing something else, etc). I am way more likely to use that training than my firearm tbh.

So basically you know how to use a tourniquet/apply pressure and call 911. Im glad to hear you at least know the basics of emergency care. I have been an EMT for 5-6 years now, and it is nice to see that at least some people know how to care for those who are suffering in front of them.

I train with firearms to be able to use them to defend myself or my family if necessary. Of course I hope I never have to use it, but I would rather have thousands of hours of training being comfortable with a firearm and being very adept with it than larping as some military badass who doesn't touch his weapons except to take selfies with them. In fact, I think I am undertrained compared to some when it comes to firearms. There are tactical classes you take that run through different self defense scenarios. I really need to start taking some here soon.

For the most part I feel like this is paranoid stupidity. There was a guy at my rescue squad who detailed to me how he had guns hidden throughout his apartment in various spots and how he would use them to respond to a number of different scenarios. I told him he was a fucking nutcase.

I expect the ATF to kick in your door any minute now. Better hide your dog if you have one.

Nah. The state police were at my house when my dad succumbed to mental illness due to the effects of Lyme Disease (he blew his head off with a stick of dynamite because of excruciating headaches) when we mentioned that we had a lot of guns that we were concerned might be an issue. They didnt care at all, and 11 years later they still dont. Even if the AK could have convicted him of gun trafficking and/or drug dealing, he is dead now and I nor anyone alive im aware of knows the details.

Fuck hunters honestly. Don't give a shit about the right to shoot animals. The value of guns has always been in their defensive nature, particularly, the killing of other humans that threaten your life, and that's how it should remain, none of this half-assed "Howdy y'all I'm a redneck that likes to hunt but we can't let Drumpf have the nuclear codes" pussy stuff.

How about hunting for meat? Any deer ive ever killed, as well as anybody else I allow to hunt my property, has always allowed me to harvest the deer for meat. I am very experienced in butchering meat, and continue to do so every year. If you arent a vegan you are being a contrarian hypocrite imo.

edit: turns out you said you wouldnt mind meat being banned. Are you actually vegan by chance?

ever put your cowardly ass in a situation that you would need to protect yourself

Why would someone want to willingly put themselves in that situation or is this just an attempt to troll?

I did concede a little in my last post, did I not?

You did. I thought about editing it to acknowledge this but I passed out. However, the amendment even says it "shall not be infringed". This has been happening since the NFA was passed in the 30s so when people say we need more gun control when there's already mountains of it on the books, they don't know what they are talking about. A good compromise is either to stop passing more gun control legislation and actually enforce what is already on the books more efficiently or repeal legislation slowly until none exists anymore. Any gun law is unconstitutional. Change my mind.

, it isnt. Wars and killing people is one of the major burdens and regrets of mankind. I dont prescribe to this degenerate horseshit.

So everyone here who reads books about the military, watches military themed programming or listens to military geared podcasts prescribes themselves to degenerate horseshit? No. I call bullshit and you need to explain yourself. Wanting to learn more about something does not make you a degenerate. I am not the only one who is interested in the military on this board. Granted, there are others who are ex military and still are interested in it, but they are by no means degenerate (@Dak )

Have you ever seen someone bleeding out and dying in front of you? Im guessing no. Have you even hunted before?

No; Never but would like to learn some day

For the most part I feel like this is paranoid stupidity.

Which part?

I was joking. That's a bit of an inside joke in some of the Facebook groups I'm in.

Last edited:
You did. I thought about editing it to acknowledge this but I passed out. However, the amendment even says it "shall not be infringed". This has been happening since the NFA was passed in the 30s so when people say we need more gun control when there's already mountains of it on the books, they don't know what they are talking about. A good compromise is either to stop passing more gun control legislation and actually enforce what is already on the books more efficiently or repeal legislation slowly until none exists anymore. Any gun law is unconstitutional. Change my mind.

If you think the constitution is infallible, then you can't be convinced. It's like an atheist arguing with a Christian about god, and the Christian starts quoting the bible. Some people should flat out not be able to own guns.

So everyone here who reads books about the military, watches military themed programming or listens to military geared podcasts prescribes themselves to degenerate horseshit? No. I call bullshit and you need to explain yourself. Wanting to learn more about something does not make you a degenerate. I am not the only one who is interested in the military on this board. Granted, there are others who are ex military and still are interested in it, but they are by no means degenerate (@Dak )

I dont think anybody would ever argue that war is a good thing. It is a savage act that mankind started because we couldn't settle disputes among one another civilly. I guess in retrospect I misquoted you since you were just talking about the guns and shit being cool, but I have disdain for the military despite it being a necessity in the modern world. I think it should be viewed more as a regretful necessity rather than something to get starry eyed over, but some of it is pretty cool I guess.

No; Never but would like to learn some day

I planned on hunting every year for deer until I killed my first one. The direct act of taking the life of another animal was an unexpected buzzkill that day and I decided not to do it anymore. I still have people hunt on my property and I butchered a deer last week (the guy just likes to kill and I just want the meat, so it works out perfectly). It's weird how your perspective changes entirely once you actually kill something. I still dont hesitate to kill foxes or coyotes because of the risk they pose to my pets, but I still feel regret when I make a kill shot. Id much rather shoot targets.

Which part?

Basically the idea that someone is going to break into your house and kill you and your family. I guess it could happen, but a lot of gun guys I know also seem overly paranoid on the issue to the point where I almost feel like they are a bit delusional.

I was joking. That's a bit of an inside joke in some of the Facebook groups I'm in.

Id probably shoot the bastard if he killed my dog. Things would not go well.

I dont think anybody would ever argue that war is a good thing.

There's warmongering and then there's being interested in the historical aspect of it and the tactical aspect of it. I am interested in the latter. There is absolutely zero in common with reading a book about WW1 becaude the circumstances surrounding WW1 interest someone and getting pleasure from watching some dude get bombed from an AC-130.

Basically the idea that someone is going to break into your house and kill you and your family. I guess it could happe

Because people never get killed when their home is burglarized obviously

if there's ever a meetup of the current GMD regulars i hope it's somewhere guns are illegal.
otherwise this is what would happen to hbb, ozz, cig and dak.
TS0R.gif