The News Thread

GA_16a.png

GA_16b.png

Gabbard running for president. She's got a shot at the nomination if Bernie fully backs her, but the MSM is gonna attack her hard for having a sane foreign policy platform.

That's a good thing, we need stupid people fucking things up instead of smart people fucking things up.

Gabbard running for president. She's got a shot at the nomination if Bernie fully backs her, but the MSM is gonna attack her hard for having a sane foreign policy platform.

tbh I think Trump pulling out of the Middle East and having a lot of his people resign kind of nullifies her main defining feature. Her other positions aren't that different from regular Dems, though admittedly it's still enough for the MSM to hate her. Depends on how she runs her campaign though. It was notable that she was one of like two Dems that refused to sign that disavowal letter when Trump stepped into office, and in general she seems to avoid touching the more SJW things even though as a female non-white non-Christian she easily could. No matter what she runs as, I hope she upsets the party dynamics. Depending on how things unfold I might even change my voter registration to primary for her. If she runs as a civil libertarian foremost I'll even vote for her.

Reactions: Dak
tbh I think Trump pulling out of the Middle East and having a lot of his people resign kind of nullifies her main defining feature. Her other positions aren't that different from regular Dems, though admittedly it's still enough for the MSM to hate her. Depends on how she runs her campaign though. It was notable that she was one of like two Dems that refused to sign that disavowal letter when Trump stepped into office, and in general she seems to avoid touching the more SJW things even though as a female non-white non-Christian she easily could. No matter what she runs as, I hope she upsets the party dynamics. Depending on how things unfold I might even change my voter registration to primary for her. If she runs as a civil libertarian foremost I'll even vote for her.

She appears to be the most sane Dem I've ever listened to (and more sane than most Repubs). Her Joe Rogan appearance was solid. I was concerned about her Bernie support, but when Joe asked her about the free college thing, she quickly noted that simply writing a blank check doesn't address the fundamental issue of rising costs. So far the only policy red flag I can find on her so far is her environmentalism channeled into wanting to subsidize "green" energy. Ending foreign interventionism and focusing on actual threats would be a reasonable tradeoff for wasting some funds on solar panel subsidies or whatever.