The News Thread

Kinda like gourmet coffee over Folger's brand. Once you start drinking the gourmet or non big box coffee, Folger's starts to taste not as great.

Lesson here? Don't try anything unless you want to learn how poor you are.

I had exactly that Folger's experience and my poor as had to fight it off. I eventually compromised on Folger's 100% Columbian--Dak's rec, actually.

Lesson here? Don't try anything unless you want to learn how poor you are.

I had exactly that Folger's experience and my poor as had to fight it off. I eventually compromised on Folger's 100% Columbian--Dak's rec, actually.

I've had nasty batches of Folger's recently. I'll have to check that blend out. I've been buying different brands from Kroger as I started brewing my own coffee at work to save money

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
I've had nasty batches of Folger's recently. I'll have to check that blend out. I've been buying different brands from Kroger as I started brewing my own coffee at work to save money

I used to drag around a giant thermos and drink one of those a day in addition to a cup after waking up. Now I just stick to the morning cup. Drinking too much just makes me jittery yet tired. The blend is worth it, by the way. It tastes much better.

I used to drag around a giant thermos and drink one of those a day in addition to a cup after waking up. Now I just stick to the morning cup. Drinking too much just makes me jittery yet tired. The blend is worth it, by the way. It tastes much better.

Yup. I still drink Columbian but I switched to the Great Value to save a few more shekels. I've also switched off dragging around a giant thermos. Down to around 24ozs of coffee a day most days instead of a 3/4-1pot.

The blend is worth it, by the way. It tastes much better.

I could have sworn that I was buying this for a while and switched for whatever reason because I don't remember Folger's tasting as bad as I've experienced recently. It could be I'm just complete shit at brewing it but I don't have problems with taste with the coffee I buy at work or the coffee maker I use there. It was heavily discounted so I wonder if it was just near the expiration date or something.

I could have sworn that I was buying this for a while and switched for whatever reason because I don't remember Folger's tasting as bad as I've experienced recently. It could be I'm just complete shit at brewing it but I don't have problems with taste with the coffee I buy at work or the coffee maker I use there. It was heavily discounted so I wonder if it was just near the expiration date or something.

Could have been that. I've also noticed a huge taste difference between using paper filters vs wire mesh. Paper adds a taste I'm not fond of.

A member of an Antifa-related organization was killed after he pulled a weapon on Eugene, Oregon police at a middle school.

Charlie Landeros was a far-left activist who used they/them/theirs pronouns. He had recently lost custody of his child, which is reportedly why he was at the school in the first place. He had a loaded pistol in his person, and extra 9mm ammunition in his backpack. His left-wing activist participation was highlighted by the JustininTrouble blog.

“Landeros was a member of Community Armed Self Defense (CLDC), a group that was created as a “new liberatory and inclusive space for all oppressed peoples to learn about armed self-defense,” according to the group’s Facebook page, which is no longer publicly available on Facebook as of 4 p.m. Saturday,” said a local news report.

Pledge of Allegiance 'rooted in ... white supremacy': Dreamer immigrant activist.

A prominent immigrant-rights activist launched a drive Tuesday to rewrite the American Pledge of Allegiance, saying as it stands now it’s a symbol of “rooted in nativism and white supremacy.”

He said incidents like “white teenagers harassing a Native American elder or chanting ‘build the wall’ at Mexican immigrants” cry out for a rethink of the way the country views itself.

Sorry, I forgot this is the thread for meth-fueled death parties.

How did you come across Big League Politics anyways? They're brand-new and literally propaganda directed at the Trump base, disseminated primarily via email. I'm familiar with them only because I was once one a libertarian on the Ron Paul email list, and my email was sold and shared without my consent--totally not surprised that that wing of the right is organizationally and in praxis hypocritical in their views on privacy.

How did you come across Big League Politics anyways?

Someone posted it on FB I think. I was going to just link the raw video but it's pretty disturbing. I didn't know Big League Politics was shitty or super biased or anything, article reads fine to me. Sure there's a lean away from far-left politics evident in the way it's written but it doesn't seem crazy to me or anything.

Is there something objectionable in the article?