The News Thread

When you get down to it criminals will get guns by one means or another. All gun control would legitimately stop is accidental shootings by dumbass kids pointing one they found under daddy's bed at their face.

It's not about gun control so much as government wanting to generally control or be involved in everything in your life. Pretty pathetic TBH.

When you get down to it criminals will get guns by one means or another. All gun control would legitimately stop is accidental shootings by dumbass kids pointing one they found under daddy's bed at their face.

It's not about gun control so much as government wanting to generally control or be involved in everything in your life. Pretty pathetic TBH.

Yeah, except that the countries who have successfully implemented gun control actually succeeded in reducing gun homicides significantly, so try again

Yeah, except that the countries who have successfully implemented gun control actually succeeded in reducing gun homicides significantly, so try again

They don't border Mexico. Also, most of those nations have more issues with other crime (not sure about Australia, but they have only water around and a low population, hardly apples and oranges). Plus gun crime in the US is mostly limited to hotspots of gang activity (and gun bans). I'm not worried about getting shot going to the store, even on the bad side of town.

"they're gonna get guns anyway, let's not do anything" is a bad argument. if guns are not controlled, 100% of school shooters that want a gun will get a gun.

if guns are a huge pain in the ass to obtain, and if warning signs are identified that deny access to certain risky individuals, gun control is working. EVEN IF determined sick fucks still get guns, if you stopped SOME, you saved lives.

of course, the black market should also be targeted and shut down.

shooters strike unexpectedly and at vulnerable, unprepared people. do you expect to arm every grade schooler and their teachers?

i don't need to post statistics and shit. common sense is enough.

p.s. good people who want guns for self-defense would still be able to get them. if you can prove you're a loving father who just wants protect his daughter, you'd get a fucking gun!

just not freaks who go on Facebook rants about killing Christians or narcissists who post videos about killing girls that rejected him! in almost all shootings of the past decade, there were SIGNS that if the gun sellers had known about, would not have sold guns to them!

EVEN IF determined sick fucks still get guns, if you stopped SOME, you saved lives.

You've never taken a risk management or economics class have you? Here's a concept for you: law of diminishing returns. Here's another: Black Swan.

They are doing a phenomenal job shutting down prostitution and drugs amirite? And of course, those gun free signs and laws against murder are just a smashing success.

common sense is enough.

I NEED NOT PROOF FOR THAT WHICH IS SELF EVIDENT! THOSE OF THE SLANTY EYED RACES ARE CLEARLY INFERIOR, AS ANYONE WITH COMMON SENSE CAN ASCERTAIN!!!

"they're gonna get guns anyway, let's not do anything" is a bad argument. if guns are not controlled, 100% of school shooters that want a gun will get a gun.

if guns are a huge pain in the ass to obtain, and if warning signs are identified that deny access to certain risky individuals, gun control is working. EVEN IF determined sick fucks still get guns, if you stopped SOME, you saved lives.

shooters strike unexpectedly and at vulnerable, unprepared people. do you expect to arm every grade schooler and their teachers?

i don't need to post statistics and shit. common sense is enough.

p.s. good people who want guns for self-defense would still be able to get them. if you can prove you're a loving father who just wants protect his daughter, you'd get a fucking gun!

just not freaks who go on Facebook rants about killing Christians or narcissists who post videos about killing girls that rejected him! in almost all shootings of the past decade, there were SIGNS that if the gun sellers had known about, would not have sold guns to them!

Those 4 shooters of recent memory, do you know whether they had obtained guns legally, do you know how they even obtained them at all?

FOX is conveniently ignoring this story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...d-parenthood-funding_5616ed01e4b0dbb8000de134

Chaffetz, a candidate for House speaker, grilled Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards during a five-hour hearing last week. He questioned her salary, asked about the organization's expenses and revenues, and pressed Richards on why the group had revenue of $127 million last year if it's a nonprofit. (Nonprofits put their revenues back into their programs.)

But after all that, he concluded that Planned Parenthood isn't doing anything sketchy with its money. "Did we find any wrongdoing? The answer was no," Chaffetz said.

Yeah, I was listening to the hearing on C-Span radio while it was going on (a luxury of the DC metro area). Revenue was the main point of his argument, i.e. 'why does PP need federal funding if they have revenue?' He mentioned her salary during this exchange.

Um, that was what the kerfuffle was about. It was about the selling of fetal tissue, and that would be evidenced by issues in the books.

Honestly, I think discourse started there and (by evident with TB's posts) turned into a "Do we really want to be a society that kills babies for any reason?"

That's why you posted the video of the black girls snatch as a baby falls out. That's why you say "clump of sells" every time

We all get dyslexia from time to time

There are plenty of reasons why PP should be defunded, and i've mentioned just about all of them. But are you saying that i havent brought up the fact that they're SELLING body parts more than any other person here? In just about every one of my posts here? :lol: and then he has the nerves to call me dyslexic. You need help, son.

Only time i've ever used "clump of cells" was in that post with that video. That phrase is something you guys love using, which is why i quoted it there. Which again im having to explain to you because of your "by evident" mental deficiency. Well at least this time you manned up and decided to use the word baby ... that's a step in the right direction, son.

And it most likely never will be. Most lawmakers know that what PP does is extremely important and, more importantly, not illegal. They just like to keep it a hotbutton issue to keep their idiot supporters furious at something.

I'd link you back to my posts where i stated numerous time that more than a few states have already defunded them. But im already used to you guys ignoring anything you dont wanna hear, its something that comes hand in hand with being an extreme progressive. They're using and always have been using our tax dollars to provide abortions. They're selling dead baby body parts(after murdering them, as is evident in my last post in the abortion thread) = illegal. I know it's very convenient to just shield away anything and everything that doesn't fall in line with your beliefs ... but please guys, stop being so goddamned ignorant.

But are you saying that i havent brought up the fact that they're SELLING body parts more than any other person here? In just about every one of my posts here? :lol: and then he has the nerves to call me dyslexic. You need help, son.

The dyslexia comment was pointed at me, thought that was obvious since my word order was a mistake that even you pointed out.

No, i'm not saying that. I'm saying once the obvious issue of "illegal" selling of tissues was incorrect/unable to be proven, discourse now focuses on the killing of "babies."

I said this already, so quick to an emotional response that you aren't reading my posts.

Honestly, I think discourse started there and (by evident with TB's posts) turned into a "Do we really want to be a society that kills babies for any reason?"

Only time i've ever used "clump of cells" was in that post with that video. That phrase is something you guys love using, which is why i quoted it there. Which again im having to explain to you because of your "by evident" mental deficiency. Well at least this time you manned up and decided to use the word baby ... that's a step in the right direction, son.

Don't think anyone here has used clump of cells, but sure lump everyone who doesn't follow your train of thought into one group.

Always quick to insult there TB, I cannot imagine how it must feel to be so insecure all the time. I really have no interest in talking with you about abortion unless you are want to participate in debate, which does not happen.