The News Thread

We have free college; it's just limited to outstanding students. Overall we tend to graduate more students than nations with free college, i.e. if we wanted to play ball with Germany, we'd have to kick half of our undergrads out, which would make people mad.

We have legal marijuana. Why are you still in Texas if you care about that?

Virtually no one goes to prison for simple possession/addiction, and even in cases where theft/burglary are at play, courts often give rehab and an alternative to jail.

Fuck off commie, learn a skill. In which countries are there caps on cosmetic surgeons anyways?

ER is free if you don't mind bankruptcy. No one is going to garnish your wages to pay the ER. The people that cannot afford medical care due to lack of insurance in general are unlikely to need good credit anyways.
finally this thread had an intelligent sounding post

@Dak
also
there was that old report about
apparently if a man using a huge-ass amount of cocaine it can affect his sperm making his kids immune to becoming addicted to cocaine

Joan Goldstein - commissioner of the Vermont Department of Economic Development - says the race is on. States across the US are competing to attract new residents, she says.

"I know that sounds very mercenary but we're in a competitive marketplace," she says. "Vermont's marketing strategy for decades was white, heterosexual males with family incomes of $120,000 (£92,000) or more. That population is shrinking."

Vermont has made a big change in their approach, she says. Instead of just trying to attract businesses to the state, they're now appealing directly to individuals.

"Other states have asked us how we did this because they're also interested in some of the same types of tactics," she says. "So clearly, even though it's a departure, it's probably going to be more mainstream soon."

This year Vermont began handing out $10,000 (£7,600) for certain workers who move to remote parts of the state.

lmfao

EDIT:

Many people who work in Vermont's dairy industry are undocumented. Cruz Alberto Sánchez-Pérez came to Vermont from Mexico in 2015 to join two of his brothers working on dairy farms.

He says they were paid less than minimum wage and didn't get a day off until they organised to demand better wages and benefits.

It's still a tense environment for people who look like him, says Mr Sánchez-Pérez, even though he's just won asylum in the US.

Double lmfao. When did they start giving asylum even to able-bodied men?

Hadn't even heard of it. Had to read through several different articles before discovering that it was apparently a tranny & bf duo. Though the story was probably buried more because the shooting resulted in one death, and a sacrificial/heroic death at that.

Try watching the morning MSM coverage. They LOVE heroic deaths, shoot that shit like heroin.

The story’s gone because shootings happen so often now. It just doesn’t elicit the captivated disbelief that it once did.

I mean, GMA is still covering it this morning and interviewing the “heroic” student who helped stop the shooters. It’s hardly dropped off the radar, contrary to what I said earlier.