The News Thread

Reading up on it, sounds like the drunk man is a legend:

Property owner Richard Burrell said car meet ups had been an ongoing problem for several months, and that the events usually drew large crowds of between 50 and 100 cars.

Aside from finding rubbish and broken bottles on the ground, he had also dealt with damage to the industrial machinery on site, and some vehicles allegedly had diesel siphoned from the tanks.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Gilroy shooting: Three killed at California garlic festival

It's pretty cool that there's garlic festivals in the US. Is it like an entire three day event specialized on fucking garlic? I've been to some agricultural events and sometimes there's a couple of garlic growers or breeders tents but never an entire festival. I would seriously consider going (if it wasn't in the US).

Makes more sense than, say, a coffee festival. What use is having fucking 30 different coffees available on an event when you can barely drink two espressos before your heart exploding? How many can you taste, really?

Garlic is epic and deserves a festivity.

EDIT: Not to mention that it's not just food, there's like decorative cultivars and shit. Wow.

What I'd suggest is a fucking radish party. Those stingy red motherfuckers.

67266695_2399141560343441_1191906007924604928_n.jpg

Didn't realize the festival was so large, with almost 100k attendees. At 4 deaths per 100k, a garlic festival could have a similar shooting every day and it'd still be several times safer than totally-not-crime-infested Baltimore.

Reactions: Dak and The Ozzman
Don't understand the conundrum. Are you saying that strict gun laws in California were responsible for the relatively low body count compared to the gun homicide rate of many other American cities?

I accept the general argument that strict gun controls reduce mass shootings btw. I just don't accept that mass shootings are particularly significant to our violent crime rate overall, nor that police can sufficiently protect a disarmed populace.

Reactions: Dak