The News Thread

Rep. Ilhan Omar deleted a tweet referring to her father as Nur Said — evidence that bolstered the case that her ex-husband, Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, is her brother.
A spokesperson for the Minnesota Democrat said the name in the tweet was only a nickname, but other details contradict that explanation.

“Happy Father’s Day to my aabo Nur Said, I am forever grateful to Allah for giving me the best father a … ” the June 2013 tweet, which was deleted early Tuesday morning, said.

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
I never really looked into that story until that tweet was exposed, but the available info does look pretty suspicious so far.

In recent news: Trump has now gotten the MSM to admit that a sitting president investigating a presidential candidate in connection with a foreign power is serious. (Joe/Ukraine)

Reactions: CiG
Every president inherits problems, and the trade war is basically a non-problem anyways. The easy button fix for Dems is simply to end all tariffs that Trump started, though that has obvious PR consequences regarding now-purple MI/WI/PA. Maybe they can end one or two specific tariffs, call those the worst ones, convince Xi to end one or two minor tariffs just for show, and claim they've mutually fixed things and the world is saved. 2020 is basically a red carpet for Dems right now. If the recession hits before the election, and indicators suggest it will iirc, and if it's a deep enough recession, then they could even reach 55+ senators like they did in 2008.
he's only pushing off this resolution until after the election because he's assuming (or trying to project the idea that he's assuming) that he will win a second term
my point here was that
pushing this off is horribly irresponsible if he doesn't win a second term
regardless of what his replacement will or won't do about said problem
trump should be making at least a half-assed-attempt at resolving this before the election

IIRC
nobody even noticed that her husband was her brother until after she got divorced,
so maybe we should just let this go
what can anyone really do anyway??
it's not like anyone can fire her over this
has being formerly married to her brother actually affected her ability to do her job in any way whatsoever??

what
like someone's actually going to be able to kick her out of America over her ex-husband being her brother??
she's currently working as a Representative and nobody even knew her ex-husband was her brother till after the divorce

what they gonna do??
make being born-in-america a requirement for being a representative now??

what
like someone's actually going to be able to kick her out of America over her ex-husband being her brother??
she's currently working as a Representative and nobody even knew her ex-husband was her brother till after the divorce

what they gonna do??
make being born-in-america a requirement for being a representative now??

No retard the claim is she married her brother in order to circumvent his immigration process because it's easier to migrate if you're married to a citizen, as opposed to just being related to them. It would effectively be immigration fraud.

Reactions: Dak
It would effectively be immigration fraud.
is anyone actually going to try to arrest her for this crime??
or is this going to turn into a brett kavenaugh thing where everyone knows he's commited crimes but he's never going to go to jail

is anyone actually going to try to arrest her for this crime??
or is this going to turn into a brett kavenaugh thing where everyone knows he's commited crimes but he's never going to go to jail

Nobody knows Brett committed anything, the witnesses contradicted Ford's accusations, Ford herself was an unreliable clown, that whole thing was a retarded mess. This situation isn't really comparable, and if it turns out she committed immigration fraud then yeah she'll probably have to step down I would assume.

@HamburgerBoy
i'm actually disturbed by people who just assume brett kavanaugh didn't do anything wrong just because he didn't go to jail

this is really just as bad as when the boulder Colorado cops let john mark karr go just because "his dna didn't match"
No DNA match, no JonBenet charges - CNN.com
if you look at the A&E documentary that was made before anyone even knew the name john mark Karr
you'll clearly see that there were definitively multiple people in the basement at the time the kid died
so when "john mark karr's dna didn't match" the cops clearly at that point had enough evidence to say that john mark karr knew who the dna actually belonged to and could have easily charged him as an accessory to the death, but they didn't

refusing to incarcerate kavenaugh is the same thing
the FBI knew he was guilty and just decided to let him go

So tonight I was reminiscing about this random hippie’s house I lived in for a month 7 years ago, and remembered an old guy I briefly spoke with one day there. Super obscure memory. I realized tonight that the guy had kind of resembled Richard Stallman. Then I was like “hm, I wonder what Richard Stallman’s up to these days” and googled him on a whim, having not thought about him for years:

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2019/09/18/mit-richard-stallman-resigns-epstein/

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
So tonight I was reminiscing about this random hippie’s house I lived in for a month 7 years ago, and remembered an old guy I briefly spoke with one day there. Super obscure memory. I realized tonight that the guy had kind of resembled Richard Stallman. Then I was like “hm, I wonder what Richard Stallman’s up to these days” and googled him on a whim, having not thought about him for years:

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2019/09/18/mit-richard-stallman-resigns-epstein/

I never understood why it is considered questionable to accept donations from criminals anyways. For ideological cases maybe, e.g. a donation from an abortion clinic bomber or jihadist or something, but if some globalist child pimp wants to donate to a research university, who cares?