The News Thread

Actually I'm aware of the efforts I was just being flippant, but what I meant was it was essentially done by nobodies in the grand scheme of American politics, unlike now with Trump. The obvious controversy is that Pelosi is heading the impeachment investigation, but back with Bush she said that she wouldn't impeach Bush and furthermore the attempt would be pointless, or something like that.

Didn't Pelosi also say she was nostalgic for the Bush era? lmao.

Flint schools receive water stations, filtration systems from billionaire Elon Musk.
Billionaire inventor Elon Musk and his Musk Foundation are donating $480,350 for water stations and filtration equipment for every building in Flint Community Schools.

The school district tweeted about the donation and Musk replied that he hopes "to do more help in the future."

The district says it will use Musk's donation to replace drinking fountains with water stations using ultraviolet filtration equipment. The drinking fountains have been out of service since the Flint water crisis in 2015.

Let's get real: Democrats were first to enlist Ukraine in US elections.
As I have reported, the pressure began at least as early as January 2016, when the Obama White House unexpectedly invited Ukraine’s top prosecutors to Washington to discuss fighting corruption in the country.

The meeting, promised as training, turned out to be more of a pretext for the Obama administration to pressure Ukraine’s prosecutors to drop an investigation into the Burisma Holdings gas company that employed Hunter Biden and to look for new evidence in a then-dormant criminal case against eventual Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, a GOP lobbyist.

this is a good thing that happened
but is anyone else pissed-the-fuck-off that this kind of thing didn't happen immediately after the "water crisis" happened??
what the fuck took so fucking long for the city to get drinkable water??

flint-water-how-is-it-that-we-dont-have-55-13850053.png
D13M9d5X4AAMIz4.jpg

A major building under construction in Auckland has been on fire all afternoon and blanketing the city in smoke:
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-...uing-to-burn-skycity-s-convention-centre.html

It's half a block from my apartment, which luckily I'm not currently living in since my building's undergoing major construction/repairs. I can imagine coming back to a layer of soot depending on what they're up to with the windows and walls.