The News Thread

lol the "1%" overwhelmingly despise Trump, with even the Kochs breaking with the Republicans over Trump's ascension. Reminder that the $1200 Trumpbux stimulus is $1200 more than what (now-Martha's Vineyard-residing) Obama gave workers.

He doesn't despise them though; and he cares very deeply about what they think of him.

$1200 might be more than what Obama gave workers, but it's a slap in the face--hardly something to upset the financial elites.

Joe Biden Accuser Details Alleged Sexual Assault In Graphic Interview.
According to Reade, the assault took place in 1993 when she worked in Biden’s U.S. Senate office. The incident reportedly began when she brought a gym bag to Biden after being instructed to do so. After greeting her by name, Reade claims that the former Vice President began to touch her sexually in the “side area.” “We were alone, and it was the strangest thing,” Reade said. “There was no, like, exchange really, he just had me up against the wall.”

Reactions: Dak

The DNC is committing elder abuse.

I watched her interview on Rising today it's a pretty serious accusation. No mainstream news source is touching this. When it was Trump, they were (rightly) all over it. Now, they're nowhere to be seen. It's amazing how far they're willing to go to cover for this guy.

Reactions: Dak and CiG
Most living former US senators and VPs deserve far worse than being anointed president while being too far gone to enjoy it. We may as well continue the 40 year trend of electing increasingly unconscious and ambivalent presidents, the executive branch has never meant less.

Unrelated:

corona unemployment 1585307191044.gif

Nah by most accounts he seems to be enjoying his stupor, e.g. the leaked Obama "You don't have to do this, Joe" bit.

Coronavirus bill includes ...

$75 million to Corporation of Public Broadcasting
$75 million to the National Endowments for the Arts
$75 million to the National Endowments for the Humanities
$50 million to Institute of Museum and Library
$25 million to The Kennedy Center
$20 million to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
$50 million to Legal Services Corporation
$250 million to the IRS
$25 million to House of Representatives salaries and expenses

fuck the house and the senate. fuck em all.

Reactions: CiG and Dak
Based Thomas Massie (the only Republican on Ilhan Omar's side regarding BDS) is sticking his neck out in opposing it.

Nah by most accounts he seems to be enjoying his stupor, e.g. the leaked Obama "You don't have to do this, Joe" bit.

I think he's declined significantly in the last few months, or whatever they were giving him just isn't working anymore. One of the worst things about dementia is they don't really know what's going on.

Coronavirus bill includes ...

$75 million to Corporation of Public Broadcasting
$75 million to the National Endowments for the Arts
$75 million to the National Endowments for the Humanities
$50 million to Institute of Museum and Library
$25 million to The Kennedy Center
$20 million to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
$50 million to Legal Services Corporation
$250 million to the IRS
$25 million to House of Representatives salaries and expenses

fuck the house and the senate. fuck em all.

Everybody has their donor that they need to give a goodie to ensure that next donation or Super PAC. It's the one thing most of them are actually willing to fight for.

Everybody has their donor that they need to give a goodie to ensure that next donation or Super PAC. It's the one thing most of them are actually willing to fight for.
no shit, but this is not one of those times where that stuff is supposed to come into play.

The democratic party just goes ahead and once again proves just how rotten and lowlife they truly are and the GOP once again showcase just how spineless they are for actually letting this pass .. but then again what where they supposed to do? The liberals did exactly what Obamas #1 advisor said ... "never let a good crisis go to waste".

Last edited:
no shit, but this is not one of those times where that stuff is supposed to come into play.

The democratic party just goes ahead and once again proves just how rotten and lowlife they truly are and the GOP once again showcase just how spineless they are for actually letting this pass .. but then again what where they supposed to do? The liberals did exactly what Obamas #1 advisor said ... "never let a good crisis go to waste".

Donors are always "supposed" to come into play because we have legalized bribing our politicians in this country. The system is producing the results it's designed to get. And Republicans aren't spineless; they actually stand their ground way better than Democrats when they actually care about something (i.e. Supreme Court). They just don't care if those institutions you highlighted get their treats, as long the Republican donors get their massive corporate bailout with minimal oversight.

dude you're explaining to me how the system works when that's literally what i was complaining about. Like i said, during a time like this none of that shit is supposed to come into play. I myself wasn't a fan of the deal before the democrats got their paws on it either but they basically held the nation as hostages for over a week. Fuck em all.

Well, guess we shouldn’t be surprised that GOP assholes think coronavirus is spread by Chinese people.

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article241353836.html

“Italy has a problem with its health department, first. It’s health for everybody. I have a friend in the Navy, and he said in that area” of Northern Italy where that country’s first cases were reported, “there’s a garment industry and a lot of Chinese. If we were like Italy, we’d have it already.”

Fucking idiot.

Does he mean that Chinese people (regardless of where they live) have it automatically or is he implying that Chinese people are more likely to be in areas where other Chinese people cluster and where more Chinese people are the higher the chance someone recently returned from China with the virus?

The latter seems like an obvious thing to point out to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: HamburgerBoy
Well, guess we shouldn’t be surprised that GOP assholes think coronavirus is spread by Chinese people.

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article241353836.html

Fucking idiot.

The source of the virus was Wuhan, and it has been widely published that garment workers FROM WUHAN were working in the part of Italy which became the epicenter for the virus. There were even articles in February how a bunch of liberal Northern Italians were going around hugging the Chinese to virtue signal how non-racist those wops are. Do you think Hong Kong Fluey just spontaneously pops up in random parts of the planet in an EEOC-compliant manner? How fucking stupid are you?

Reactions: CiG