The next band will be...

Can't imagine Tarot playing on PP, to be honest. They're about as prog as Iron Maiden. :p

There's still the word "power" in the festival title though, and the american version of this festival seems to have a load of Power metal bands (both on Sept 10-11 (with Tarot, Hammerfall, Nocturnal Rites) this year and in the past). I wouldn't count them out completely yet :p

There's still the word "power" in the festival title though, and the american version of this festival seems to have a load of Power metal bands (both on Sept 10-11 (with Tarot, Hammerfall, Nocturnal Rites) this year and in the past). I wouldn't count them out completely yet :p

That's true. But I thought the power was when Zero Hour was flattening Sjiwa, or when Hacride pulled out their pocket steamroller and killed everyone. I mean, that's power ;)

I think they put in Power because they don't want incidents like what happened to Day Six in 2007 (?), when they opened the saturday and the power went out halfway through their set; it's an assurance to the bands that there usually is some form of electric current :p In Suspyre's (2008) case there was too much, cos it blew their fuses left and right :p

I think they put in Power because they don't want incidents like what happened to Day Six in 2007 (?), when they opened the saturday and the power went out halfway through their set; it's an assurance to the bands that there usually is some form of electric current :p In Suspyre's (2008) case there was too much, cos it blew their fuses left and right :p

Bwahahaha, awesome theory ;) Was that why suspyre sounded so bad?

I still don't think they sounded bad, their set was just a bit too power-metal-y that day for what the people expected. Along with the fact that they had a session drummer, fuses blowing and I believe Rich played half the gig with a guitar that wasn't tuned for him (since he broke a string on his own guitar), I think they did quite well for the circumstances. I still think they deserve another chance at Progpower, also because they were so much fun to hang out with :D

Well, none of you is right :). Later today or tomorrow the next band will be announced, so stay tuned.

I had a short break for ProgPower because of some health problems with our litle daughther. Since she became 2 months we know that something is wrong, but now, a year later still no docter can say what really is wrong. I will keep you informed as soon as we know more, but sometimes I need a little break because of this.

Anyway, we picked up preperations and will announce the next band today or tomorrow. In March we will have a meeting to discuss the remaining bands that we try to book. The list is bigger than ever, so it won't be easy this time. But there are some very interesting options, I can tell you that!

Let us surprise you.

Rene