The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

There wasn't anything about keyboards in the studio stories :/ I really fuckin hope they'll have keyboards in the new stuff.

According to their instagram story there'll be an announcement in about two hours!

Reactions: COB-666
" There wasn't anything about keyboards in the studio stories :/ "
Yeah, that's why I wrote it. :/

" According to their instagram story there'll be an announcement in about two hours! "
YoTVli9.jpg

Hmm... cover art/album title? Maybe?

Wasn't there something going around a while back about Alexi wanting to do a no keyboard Bodom album at some point anyhow? Maybe now is the time, since this keyboardist is just listed as a touring member, iirc

Hmm not too sure what to think about the possibility of no keyboard. They are part of the signature cob sound.

So apparently new album will be out in late 2021 but if I understood right they'll be releasing some new songs soon? Also new record deal.

Yeah sounds like we will get an EP with two songs, one of them being a cover song, very soon. And next year a brand new full album

There wasn't anything about keyboards in the studio stories :/ I really fuckin hope they'll have keyboards in the new stuff.

According to their instagram story there'll be an announcement in about two hours!
Maybe one of the guys controls midi programming, so cheaper for them. I've seen bands with prominent keyboard tracks that use midi programming, they don't have a keyboardist and it works the same way

With how badly Nuclear Blast treat Alexi by delaying Hexed it is no wonder he went with a different label. In the time Hexed was sent to the label and its release date Avantasia went into the studio, recorded, mixed and released their album.

Would be nice if they actually released some audio along with the videos :D

They posted one on there Instagram a few weeks ago with audio but quickly took it down (within minutes)

Got to hear about 30 seconds of the new song, sounded very much like This Road (that sort of style) - Wish I had managed to capture it

Reactions: COB-666
Mitja was on Radio Rock just a moment ago.
-He said albun is finished but he doesn't know an exact release date. He wishes they could release at least one song before summer but can't promise anything.
-This year with the virus making tours nd concerts difficult has been also positive in his opinion. He thinks that after all it was better to just get to know the new bandmates well before heading out to tour.
-He spent a lot of time in the countryside and watched through all the seasons of The X Files. It is a weird tradition in his family that on christmas eve the whole family shares their UFO experiences. He has none but wishes he had so he could take part in the conversation finally.
-He said 2020 was "kind of a gap year like from studying" that he didn't really concentrate on music news or new albums, he was more just going through old albums and getting more into older artists he never properly checked out before.
-He finds it stupid that people think 2020 turning to 2021 would have any effect on how things are right now. Things aren't magically back to normal on 1st of January. He is also worried about the shows scheduled to spring 2021 (one was cancelled today)

Alexi's playing in tavastia BAM show seems indeed better to me than what we used to have recently. Good old school setlist, and to me the choice of HCDR, AYDY & IYF right after the long time closer Downfall makes sense as a "we're here and alive" lyrical statement.
Keyboard sounds are sometimes slightly different but it works.
I'm definitely wanting to hear the next record.