The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

They posted one on there Instagram a few weeks ago with audio but quickly took it down (within minutes)

Got to hear about 30 seconds of the new song, sounded very much like This Road (that sort of style) - Wish I had managed to capture it

Tbh, this doesn't surprise me at all, as I've mentioned before I expect an album successor of IWC&Hexed.

And @<Arcane> the bald one will continue Warmen, at least that's what he said.

tragician: We're thank you! :)

FPIR0PY.jpg

Reactions: tragician
" If the schedule isn’t messed up this time, a yet unnamed debut EP containing three songs will be out sometime next spring "
" But I have recently been returning to a “17 year old Alexi” mentality. I have been working with the same kind of rage as that hungry young guy who wanted to punch everyone in the face with his songs. "
" I feel like the upcoming EP is a very natural continuation to COB’s material. "
" If corona doesn’t fuck things up, the full lenght album will be out next fall/winter."

Ok, I'm really curious about the new songs."17 year old Alexi" and "very natural continuation to COB’s material"? So we are getting some ooold-school COB songs?
But hey, what about the keyboards? I miss it in the interview for me. :/

" If the schedule isn’t messed up this time, a yet unnamed debut EP containing three songs will be out sometime next spring "
" But I have recently been returning to a “17 year old Alexi” mentality. I have been working with the same kind of rage as that hungry young guy who wanted to punch everyone in the face with his songs. "
" I feel like the upcoming EP is a very natural continuation to COB’s material. "
" If corona doesn’t fuck things up, the full lenght album will be out next fall/winter."

Ok, I'm really curious about the new songs."17 year old Alexi" and "very natural continuation to COB’s material"? So we are getting some ooold-school COB songs?
But hey, what about the keyboards? I miss it in the interview for me. :/
No, at least probably not, he said he works with the same rage as a 17 year-old kid aka (attitude), vehemence and not in the style of the 17 years old Alexi

Reactions: COB-666
I was also wondering about the keyboards? Like why weren't they asked about it, it's something that so many people want to know anyways??

Wow, did they bring back Alexi to the company? Where's Daniel?

Ps.: I still would like to buy that T with the Hatebreeder reaper on the front and the album title on the back and the NB Reloaded editons of the first 3 albums. Will they be available?

Thanks for the translation.

Alexi always says he's angry when he's releasing a new album. I'm not buying it. He's older, he's a family man, his wrist is messed up. Not sure why bands see the need to always promise a return to the good old days. Not sure what to make of the "raw punk feeling" bit. More interesting is "The new songs sound like they’re made by Alexi Laiho, but played and arranged by a different band."

Thanks for the translation.

Alexi always says he's angry when he's releasing a new album. I'm not buying it. He's older, he's a family man, his wrist is messed up. Not sure why bands see the need to always promise a return to the good old days. Not sure what to make of the "raw punk feeling" bit. More interesting is "The new songs sound like they’re made by Alexi Laiho, but played and arranged by a different band."
You're welcome!

I understood it more like he was in a similar mood while writing as he was back in the day, there were no promises made of a return to anywhere.

And yeah he is a different person as you said, overall in the interview the whole mood was much calmer and less pissed off than it would have been if he was 25 now. I was actually surprised by how optimistic he seemed to be about everything I was expecting a bit more fuck everything in there!

I find it interesting that there wasn't even a question about the keyboards and Mitja says he thinks the songs have a punk mood. I really don't know what to expect here! I just hope it's not too much just really fast riffs like on RRF it gets boring fast.

Also music video filming now? I have been on a few videos and it was always (depending on if it's just band shots or if it has some sort of a plot) about 2-3 months from filming to release. Shouldn't be too long before a new song gets out.

Haha I find that mask thing pretty interesting too because:
1. Where is Daniel
2. Are they in talking terms with Alexi?
3. He was obviously photoshopped into the picture because he is not as tall as the others. It doesn't mean they did not meet for a photoshoot though.
4. The whole legal side of this if Alexi has no rights to the name why is he there?
5. But if he wasn't, how would the fans react to that?

Last edited:
Reactions: COB-666
Haha I find that mask thing pretty interesting too because:
1. Where is Daniel
2. Are they in talking terms with Alexi?
3. He was obviously photoshopped into the picture because he is not as tall as the others. It doesn't mean they did not meet for a photoshoot though.
4. The whole legal side of this if Alexi has no rights to the name why is he there?
5. But if he wasn't, how would the fans react to that?

Feels logical to me.
COB core is Alexi & Janne & Jaska & Henkka from day 1. And it shows how they intend to make their legacy live, which to me is fine. Having stopped working together and making new music doesn't mean throwing away what has been done and stop doing business. They will keep making a living out of their legacy... a clever move to have "forced" Alexi off keeping the name as the COB fame will remain whatever he does next.
The "mask thing" is probably just the beginning ;-). See how Jimmy Page has been taking care of Zeppelin's legacy for 40 years and on ?! Just to give one example.

I think the same, Daniel was part of only COB the band not the company.
The rest about Alexi's part in the business seems logical. Also I think the guys were afraid of Alexi would pull the name and business behind it under them if they don't stand up for themselves (like Axl: GnR) so that's why they excluded Laiho in the beginning (and probably made a deal with him later on during 2020). But these are just assumptions.

Ok, all is fine, but... where are the keyboards from the pictures? : ) Soo... it seems the keyboards missing from the new song(s). Well, "dthmtl3" is maybe happy now, but I absolutely not. Why?! Alexi had two ideas about who should be the keyboardist, remember? What happened? Or... only for the shows? C'mon... I think people will be missing the keyboards.

D2WGfSU.png