The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

Happy new year for everyone! : )

BAM:
" Time to say goodbye to 2020 and wish everybody a happy new year!
2728.png
We are looking forward to next year as there is a lot of exciting things coming up. What are your wishes for 2021? "
134456625_223926409232942_2352858642828060983_o.jpg

Daniel:
" Happy new year everybody!
1f37e.png
1f386.png

What are your wishes for 2021?
Mine: a vaccine and more non-canceled events
1f605.png
. Stay safe! "
134414521_2462597284044060_2201345351799017924_o.jpg

Waltteri:
" Despite 2020 being an absolute train wreck of a year for a touring musician, I’d still like to remember it of all the good things that I achieved and just hope that 2021 will be better for everyone. Thank you all for your support, stay safe and see you soon! Cheers! "
134426247_3192217230884212_5015559168654353646_n.jpg

New Moon Shot song just dropped, it's called Blood Looks Cool!
It's much better than Big Bang, though I think it will probably get the same kind of response on this forum because people are more into metal in general lol
But I like it a lot actually! Very Placebo sounding which is great because I like Placebo, Moon Shot's singer has a better voice though. This 2009 sorta emoish rock has a special place in my heart for some reason haha.

I got a pretty neat idea for a DIY shirt from this song too. Nice to get something to look forward to at this fucking sad time. I mean I have just been really sad this night too, I just can't get this whole Alexi thing out of my head, still feels so unreal... But maybe I'll buy a ticket to a Moon Shot show some time and hope to get a chance to say hi to Henkka.

Reactions: BodomBlueMoonHC
Damn, it's so unreal going to this (right now) last page of the thread and still see as first post on top a "happy new year" message from the BAM guys who still had no clue what just happened. oO

Would be nice if they do some sort of tribute video, though I have no idea if those pictures are really new or from the video they shot weeks ago.

It is certain that all that was completed is 3 songs and one video? I wonder when they'll release that...can't be more than an EP then. I both want and don't want to hear it...still too early.

Damn, it's so unreal going to this (right now) last page of the thread and still see as first post on top a "happy new year" message from the BAM guys who still had no clue what just happened. oO

Would be nice if they do some sort of tribute video, though I have no idea if those pictures are really new or from the video they shot weeks ago.

It is certain that all that was completed is 3 songs and one video? I wonder when they'll release that...can't be more than an EP then. I both want and don't want to hear it...still too early.

2 new songs, one cover and one video.

Reactions: Ragehead
Post from December 10 said the mastering was finished. Pretty sure that includes only the EP.

It's so sad. Alexi looked quite healthier, a bit tired perhaps, or just different due to the lack of eyeliner.
It's so dreadful and painful, only 20 days later he was dead.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIn2iz2g1St/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
BODOM.jpg

2 new songs, one cover and one video.

Oh, only 2 new songs? Damn, I wish they did another one instead the cover. Tbh, I didn't give that much attention in December when they recorded, because with the current situation I expect everything to take longer than usual anyway. And from the posts on BAM's facebook I was rather confused because I was never sure how far they have come already. One time it sounded like they have already the whole album ready, then again it was only a few songs. I was just happy that Alexi seemed so much better again and had fun making new music with his new band...it was a (short) relief after how sick he looked in 2019 and after the sad and abrupt ending of COB that I definitely didn't see coming so early. I was just glad he was doing better and knew whenever they're done, I'm really curious to hear that new record.

When the message broke earlier that month I was still under the impression there was a fully completed album...I so would wish for HIM that he could have at least finished that. Not that it makes a big difference now anymore, but BAM was basically his way to show how much he can do on his own or how integral he was in COB - not wanting to diminish the other guys of course, but one can't deny that Alexi is the core of all they ever released. Watching some of those making of's is really impressive and also shows how far he was into arranging the songs, talking with the others how exactly to play here and there. I wish there was more than 2 new songs now to show this from a new perspective, a whole new album would have shown his full potential again and would have been so interesting, alone to see what he came up with and how different (or not) from COB it was. Well, it is like it is, let's rather think "better 2 songs than nothing".

Oh, only 2 new songs? Damn, I wish they did another one instead the cover. Tbh, I didn't give that much attention in December when they recorded, because with the current situation I expect everything to take longer than usual anyway. And from the posts on BAM's facebook I was rather confused because I was never sure how far they have come already. One time it sounded like they have already the whole album ready, then again it was only a few songs. I was just happy that Alexi seemed so much better again and had fun making new music with his new band...it was a (short) relief after how sick he looked in 2019 and after the sad and abrupt ending of COB that I definitely didn't see coming so early. I was just glad he was doing better and knew whenever they're done, I'm really curious to hear that new record.

When the message broke earlier that month I was still under the impression there was a fully completed album...I so would wish for HIM that he could have at least finished that. Not that it makes a big difference now anymore, but BAM was basically his way to show how much he can do on his own or how integral he was in COB - not wanting to diminish the other guys of course, but one can't deny that Alexi is the core of all they ever released. Watching some of those making of's is really impressive and also shows how far he was into arranging the songs, talking with the others how exactly to play here and there. I wish there was more than 2 new songs now to show this from a new perspective, a whole new album would have shown his full potential again and would have been so interesting, alone to see what he came up with and how different (or not) from COB it was. Well, it is like it is, let's rather think "better 2 songs than nothing".

Yeah, "better 2 songs than nothing". The album was scheduled to be released towards the end of the year.

I'm really curious to see, if they decide to somehow continue this project. Who knows, maybe the songwriting process was different from CoB. Alexi and Daniel started this together, so maybe Daniel was cowriting the songs instead of Alexi doing everything on his own like before.

Daniel reignited the fire in Alexi and it was really nice to see them play together like that. If there is anyone who I would like to see carrying on it would be him.

Whatever happens, I will definitely follow his future career.

I'm really curious to see, if they decide to somehow continue this project. Who knows, maybe the songwriting process was different from CoB. Alexi and Daniel started this together, so maybe Daniel was cowriting the songs instead of Alexi doing everything on his own like before.

Daniel reignited the fire in Alexi and it was really nice to see them play together like that. If there is anyone who I would like to see carrying on it would be him.

Whatever happens, I will definitely follow his future career.

" The new songs sound like they’re made by Alexi Laiho, but played and arranged by a different band. I feel like the upcoming EP is a very natural continuation to COB’s material. " - Waltteri

" Alexi still writes all of the songs, and I’m sure his style has been well introduced already. It really would have felt unnatural and forced if BAM’s music was completely different. " - Mitja
( Soundi 11/2020 )

" The new songs sound like they’re made by Alexi Laiho, but played and arranged by a different band. I feel like the upcoming EP is a very natural continuation to COB’s material. " - Waltteri

" Alexi still writes all of the songs, and I’m sure his style has been well introduced already. It really would have felt unnatural and forced if BAM’s music was completely different. " - Mitja
( Soundi 11/2020 )

Well, then it would be rather unlikely for them to continue.

Anyway... are you remember when Alexi post a video to instagram and he said: I working on some COB shit.
Well, it was 2018 December, Hexed already done. So he worked on new songs. This is the video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsCulguAQWp/

Maybe ... could he used something from that for the new BAM songs? Or we never know what he was working on...

Reactions: Sinthoras_96
I mean, if the songs for the whole album are already written, I wouldn't mind if they would record them as a tribute to him. The only problem would be the vocals. Judging from the making ofs I saw, the lyrics were usually written shortly before the actual recording, so they probably aren't done yet. And even if they were done, it would be tough to choose a vocalist.

I don't think they'll continue without Alexi. Think about it ... Bodom without Alexi? :)

I agree, it's impossible. Alexi was for COB and BAM what Mustaine is for Megadeth or Lemmy was for Motörhead. Both COB and BAM are done, neither the COB nor the BAM could do anything new without him.

The only question is - were there ever leftovers from COB recording sessions? I can't remember hearing about any unused songs, so I guess no. If there was something unreleased left, they could maybe release those. But that's as far as it goes I'd say.

What I would wish for is that COB make another live release in the future...it sucks that there is only that one official live DVD. Maybe they could combine 2-3 older filmed concerts (between late 90s and late 00s) in best possible picture and sound quality and release it as a 2-DVD-set. Would be great for the fans and also something for Alexi's and COB's legacy, to show and remember them in their prime.

Agree about the need for a good quality recent footage live DVD. Remember around the time of IWC when Alexi was promising all sorts of cool goodies? Not sure what he was talking about, if they ever came out with anything but a couple of us were hoping it would be a new live DVD/BR. The Stockholm one to me doesn't capture what COB became. The sound kinda sucks too. Most festivals have recordings of COB. It would be great if someone started releasing this stuff. But the problem is that there's no one to take charge of things. Heck, if someone hired that lawyer guy from Death, he'd be selling everything Alexi/COB ever did.

Personally I would have no problem if BAM continued. If they keep the same sound and energy. Get a second guitarist. Get a guy to do vocals only. Finding a good guitar player will be no issue. And there should be plenty of vocalists who can do an Alexi voice and take on a Wildchild persona. In fact, they should do it fast. That Death tribute band is pretty good, but they waited way too long to come out and tour. If BAM decides to go on they've got to do it right after the EP is released. I'd watch them live and I'm sure lots of other people will.

Agree about the need for a good quality recent footage live DVD. Remember around the time of IWC when Alexi was promising all sorts of cool goodies? Not sure what he was talking about, if they ever came out with anything but a couple of us were hoping it would be a new live DVD/BR. The Stockholm one to me doesn't capture what COB became. The sound kinda sucks too. Most festivals have recordings of COB. It would be great if someone started releasing this stuff. But the problem is that there's no one to take charge of things. Heck, if someone hired that lawyer guy from Death, he'd be selling everything Alexi/COB ever did.

The thing is most of 2019 festival performances were pretty bad, we would need one of the last shows, or even one of the BAM shows. I wonder if they filmed the last one, even if it is semi-home made with 3 cameras or even using fan videos, I'm pretty sure they have the soundboard audio. Or even releasing a live album of 2018, I'm sure they have Villena and the other show where the bonus Hexed tracks come recorded in full, and they have nice audio quality