The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

Except for that Talking to the trees remake, I don't think that there is much material unreleased anyway.

I recall several interviews (maybe it was even in some making of videos), where they said that they never leave anything recorded unused. It's either released or in the trash bin.

I really wish they had recorded some more cover songs they spontaneously played live sometimes, like Umbrella for example.

Except for that Talking to the trees remake, I don't think that there is much material unreleased anyway.

I recall several interviews (maybe it was even in some making of videos), where they said that they never leave anything recorded unused. It's either released or in the trash bin.

I really wish they had recorded some more cover songs they spontaneously played live sometimes, like Umbrella for example.
Well, we have a soundboard recording of that one :)

Reactions: Sinthoras_96
" The song "Mask of Sanity" is a remake of the song "Talking of the Trees" from their early demo Shining (released as IneartheD). "
Source: Wikipedia

its not a remake, But mask of sanity has some riffs from Talking of The trees. The RE-recorded version for SW has no female vocals, instead The melody Where played on The guitars instead. Also, Anssi Kippo plays guest guitar solo on The song.

So it isn't a coincidence I was reminded to "Mask Of Sanity". Though it's only a small part in the middle that sounds a bit similar, the rest of the songs are pretty much completely different. Would be really interesting to hear the version they did for SW.

Reactions: COB-666
So it isn't a coincidence I was reminded to "Mask Of Sanity". Though it's only a small part in the middle that sounds a bit similar, the rest of the songs are pretty much completely different. Would be really interesting to hear the version they did for SW.

The "part in the middle" is almost exactly the same, not just a bit similar.
There is another riff too : the "Voices are calling me, 'be my night!'" part, which was slightly tweaked.

Also, another memorable riff from that demo was recycled in Cogito ergo sum with Impaled Nazarene.

It's likely they recorded more cover songs in the studio that were never released. Only the studio engineer and remaining band members can answer that one. Because of record contracts it is extremely unlikely we'd hear the Sinergy recordings from the 4th album unless someone leaks them anonymously and even then they wouldn't have been mixed.

In regards to the question about leftovers from COB recording sessions: The band re-recorded "Talking of the Trees", a track that was on one of the band's demo tapes when they were known as "Inearthed". This re-recording was to be included on Something Wild but was left off because the band wasn't happy with it (I think that's accurate, correct me if I'm wrong). Anssi Kippo still has the recording as far as I know, if he will release it to the public one day; I don't know, it's hard to say.

I can understand why they left it out. Alexi/Bodom was moving at such a fast pace as a songwriter that by the time they finished Something Wild they had already moved on from the earlier sound they had when writing Talking of the trees that you can hear elements of in "in the shadows" and "deadnight Warrior" towards the Hatebreeder sound you can hear in Lake Bodom and Red light Pt 2.

1q8uoYe.jpg

OTZLxao.jpg

Last edited:
It's likely they recorded more cover songs in the studio that were never released. Only the studio engineer and remaining band members can answer that one. Because of record contracts it is extremely unlikely we'd hear the Sinergy recordings from the 4th album unless someone leaks them anonymously and even then they wouldn't have been mixed.

I can understand why they left it out. Alexi/Bodom was moving at such a fast pace as a songwriter that by the time they finished Something Wild they had already moved on from the earlier sound they had when writing Talking of the trees that you can hear elements of in "in the shadows" and "deadnight Warrior" towards the Hatebreeder sound you can hear in Lake Bodom and Red light Pt 2.

I would die for more cover songs. I know many people think they are cheesy, but I really love their fun covers of non metal songs.

Sleeping in My Car, Cruel Summer, Jessie's Girl, Shipping up to Boston, Party All the Time..... Just pure gold to me.

Reactions: NewHewkas
Anyone hear the hidden track at the end of the knuckleduster remix? Around 4 min.

I think this flew completely under the radar because the average person would never make it through the remix song to find this haha. This song played at one part of the "making of hexed" video but I had thought it was an unreleased track.

Anyone hear the hidden track at the end of the knuckleduster remix? Around 4 min.

I think this flew completely under the radar because the average person would never make it through the remix song to find this haha. This song played at one part of the "making of hexed" video but I had thought it was an unreleased track.

If you have the normal edition without the bonus tracks, this song plays at the end of knuckleduster.

It was originally planed as an intro track to the album. Nobody knows why it didn't happen.

I've cut it out and placed it at the beginning of the album. It really fades well into This Road.

Reactions: rabber_335i

Yup, as Sinthoras mentioned it was supposed to be the "intro" song to the album but was changed for some reason. Fun fact worth mentioning: According to Alexi's autobiography that song has a title and it is "Confessions".