The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

you guys see this??

is there more studio footage???

cI10TeW.png

Reactions: Sinthoras_96
Ykä Järvinen is video director and photographer. He did the Paint the Sky with Blood video.
I don't know how close he was to Alexi, but he was with Bodom from the very beginning. He shot Tavastia '97 and filmed the Bonus stuff in Chaos Ridden Years, Holiday at Lake Bodom, Halo of Blood and I worship Chaos. And from what I see on his YT page, also promo clips for COB, BAM and The Local Band.

" I have quite a lot footage from these Bodom After Midnight studio sessions which never got released because maestro left this realm way too soon. I really don't know if any more of this stuff will be released but here's another small clip I did edit over a year ago as a demo for the guys so I hope you enjoy it or then don't. "

comment:
" if i could decide what to do with all the cob and bam unreleased footage i have shot during +20 years, i would just dump most of the footage to youtube for sure :) "

These two clips from the studio are beautiful. You can see how they are enjoying doing new material. Good to see Alexi smile. 2020 must have been extra tuff for him. Since 1997 he was always touring somewhere in the world. Lockdown in Finland was super strict. In spring 2020 it even was not allowed to leave Helsinki for a few weeks. Alexi often told, being alone with himself, especially after broken bones when he was forced to stop guitar playing, would lead him to bad ideas.
These final recordings and the 3 gigs in October must have been a relief for Alexi. I'm happy he had these moments.

Last edited:
" Hey Jarvinen, thanks for releasing this stuff. I think you mentioned you are not sure if you can release more footage, but im wondering, if you are the one that shot it dont you have any say on what gets released? if not you then whose decision is it? And thank you again for releasing this, i think you know how much it means to all of us. "

Ykä Järvinen:
" It's not that simple to just release any footage i have shot during the years with any band I have been working with. I always ask the permission from the artists if it is ok to release footage they're in it. And then there are these Copyright laws also. If the bands wants to release some stuff i might have shot that"s ofcourse ok for me. I only own the rights to the video, not to the music in it. And in this case it is even more difficult since i can't ask permission straight from Aleksi to release anything Bam related :( Let's just see if something new pops out in some point. Anyways, Im not that keen to shoot any footage which will not never gonna be released cause it is basically just waste of everyone's time. "

Why everyone has started calling Alexi "Aleksi" suddenly after his death? For me it was obvious that "Alexi" is a shaped name for stage, but he also used it that way on his social media platforms, so what's the urge to call him differently? :eek:

His name in Finnish is written Aleksi, so that’s probably coming from finnish fans or friends or of his, like Ykä. His parents have left a message on his grave that writes also Aleksi, another example. I think it’s weird for finnish people to write Alexi. “X” is generally not used in the finnish language, except in foreign words.

It's okay for family and friends I've never questioned that, but from people who are IRL count as complete strangers it just sounds weird to me, it's like I would call you special nicknames your friends gave to you, I think you would look surprised "who the heck allowed you to call me that way??" (just in Alexi's case maybe it's the other way around, nickname over official name) We as fans are not on the same level as family and friends, I think we should respect the line although many of us thinks about Alexi as a close friend and personal loss. But it's my problem. Anyway, I think you got it by now :D

Yeah I get what you mean although I haven’t noticed that (many people writing Aleksi). To me it’s kind of the same as people calling him Allu even though they may have never even met him. Of course it could sound weird to someone but maybe it helps them feel closer to him, or express somehow that they feel as if they actually knew him by calling him with his nickname or writing the name in his mother language. But yeah anyway. ‍♀️