The next two are....

Now this is getting fucking interesting!

I was not expecting either of these bands and I am very happy and shocked! Never heard Orphaned Land before but I do recognize them as being a major pull.

I am absolutely crazy about Pink Cream 69 and cannot wait to see them. This is gonna be the sickest fucking ProgPower yet. 4 bands to go.

My predictions - Conception, Masterplan, Freedom Call, and (praying) MERCENARY!

General Zod said:
Ironically, I've just recently discovered PC69, and had considered posting, asking if they would ever be considered for PP. Awesome choice. These guys should go over real well.

Orphaned Land is an awesome pick. I thought I had heard they couldn't do it?

Zod
There was athread a while back where someone asked about intersts in a more melodic band...not really power or prog heavy. PC 69 was one of the bands that I suggested on that thread. I love these guys and think they should go down really well. :headbang:

TheWhisper said:
PC 69...YES! I'll get to see Readman after all this year! :headbang:

Who's heading there with you? ;) I need to hear something good about Orphaned Land or someone that knocks my socks off in the last 4 bands or you might be going solo.

Pink Cream 69's latest album Thunderdome fucking rocks hard.

For those of you who are not familalir with the band David Readman is their singer right now but their original lead singer was Andi Deris who is now the frontman for Helloween.

PhantomLord said:
Wow, extreme disappointment is all from my end.

Glenn, I love your festival and I've gone to III and V. Just seems the even years don't really do it for me with the lineups.

So far, I care about zero of the bands. Depending on the headliner (and there are 3 or 4 different possibilities I consider realistic here that I want to see) I may or may not go. Not a fan of any of the 6 bands so far, but from what I've heard I would like to see Strato and Manticora. Therion is terrible to my ears, but hey, that's why it's called an opinion! :)

I'm glad to see so many people happy with the lineup thus far. I dunno what it is, but I loved III and V and the lineup for IV and so far VI just don't do it for me. Hopefully one of the 4 headliners I'm hoping for is there this year. If not I may still come, so we'll see.

Who did you have in mind for Prog Power 6 ??

Harvester said:
announcement will be both of the #3 slots. Both are North American exclusives. Some folks will be estatic and others will say WTF?

cheers,

Glenn H.

for some reason I read this to mean both were FROM NOTH AMERICA, lol..so I was assuming it was gonna be like Dead Soul Tribe or Pyramaze

but I can't complain..I gotta hear them more, and now I am motivated on friday when i get paid, to order or purchase (depending on the best price I can find) Mabool.

This could be the make or break band..depending on a few factors, but now I am very intrigued for this years PP...and I was going to try and visit this girl in Mexico this fall, o well..maybe I'll find a way to do both :D :p.

Kyle

Oh man... I shouldn't have checked this from work. Now I have to find a way to get out of here without anyone noticing the stain on my dockers...

I've wanted to see PC69 for SO F'ING LONG!!! Glenn, YOU DA MAN!!!