The NFL 2009 Thread

Jun 25, 2004
I guess it flew over our minds but since no one started the thread then I will... I won 5 out 7 bets this past sunday and what a killer game this past monday with Jets vs Miami... below are my wins and losses:

Wins:

NY Giants -14 1/2
Minnesota -10
Detroit +10 1/2
Cleveland +6
Cincinnati +8 1/2

Losses:

Tampa Bay +15 1/2
Dallas -7 1/2

I doubt I'll bet on either of those games because the pointspread will or is small but I would like to see both games... NO/NYG because Shockey is out for revenge and it's Eli's hometown... Bal/Min because like you said it will be a physical game... both games are clash of the titans...

Two ticos discussing American football, no wonder La Sele goes like shit :lol:

I'm looking forward to the rematch this Sunday Night of The Falcons vs. The Bears. Should be a good game. The Bears have upgraded on QB this year though looks like The Broncos got the better end of that deal right now. I also love watching Mark Sanchez play he's exciting and very calm and cool under pressure. By The look of things The Titians won't be getting a win this week either...I feel bad for them because they are a capable team and Jeff Fisher is a great coach. Something's not clicking this season.

Two ticos discussing American football, no wonder La Sele goes like shit :lol:
Ok, getting my Chia Pet kit out... :mad:

All I know is the Lion's won a game.

I thought Detroit was going to have a super bowl-esque parade after that.:lol:
Can't blame them, they have potentional with that new quarterback. Now if the Rams can only win a game then it would be super bowl-esque. :loco:

Something's not clicking this season.
yah, something up with the Titans, maybe they will get their groove back 2nd half of the season.

We all know who's gonna win: Da Bearss.
It could be a upset. Falcons are a good team themselves.

It could be a upset. Falcons are a good team themselves.

"Could?" They beat them last year. I think the likelyhood of this happening again is pretty good. They have Urlacher out for the season now and they are spliting Hester as receiver and DB, he can't play the entire game. I will say this they upgraded with Cutler who I'm a fan of. He's getting better as the season progresses.

"Could?" They beat them last year. I think the likelyhood of this happening again is pretty good. They have Urlacher out for the season now and they are spliting Hester as receiver and DB, he can't play the entire game. I will say this they upgraded with Cutler who I'm a fan of. He's getting better as the season progresses.
I never go by any team on what they did the year before because almost every year it's a different team then the previous. Players come and go too much for various reasons like injuries, personalities, didn't perform to expectations etc. And when a team loses or gains a key player it affects that team.

Just look at AZ, Titans and Washington for examples... they were great last year but this year.... foughetboutit... they might as well be called the Lions or Rams lol

Then the Broncos , 49ers and Bears of this year are not the same team as last year... both kick ass this year though that's not to say they didn't last year but they are totally different teams now due to Cutler and Bronco's new QB & coach...

The only teams that are consistent every year are the Lions, Browns, Rams and Oakland. Those you can count on having losing seasons. But all others are up in the air every season because change of personnel. One thing that is consistent is that Pittsburgh always beats the Chargers at Pitts home stadium.

anyways hope you see what i mean & why I'm pretty good at betting on the spread. I don't let my emotions get in the way by being as a fan of any particular team when i make a betting decision. I'm a fan of the colts, ravens, & eagles but i'll bet against them if I feel they won't cover the spread and the underdogs will no matter what they did in the past with the same team. I look at the present personnel and various other factors like average points this season, the weather on the day of the game if it's an outside game or jet lag, whose injured and whether they are a key player that affects the team (like McNaab and Westbrook with Eagles) etc. etc.

I do bet some underdogs like the Lions because they made a key change in getting a new quarterback in Stafford who is promising. They probably won't win anymore games or win a game or two but they have improved in points so that is why i tend to bet them but it depends on what team they are playing. The bookies have been giving the Lions big point spreads and not giving them enough credit that they keep games closer in score this year compared to last year so I take advantage of that and have won bets with them in the past month.

The pointspread is 3 with Atlanta favored which sounds about a correct poinstpread since they are almost equal teams imo... and most likely i will skip this game and not bet it because of such a low spread. I haven't gotten to analyzing it yet. it is last on my list...

haha nice. they play the raiders today...they are gonna kick ass
They better because right now not doing good with the other bets... Lions getting slaughtered, Jags not covering neither but i am doing good with my Cleveland and KC bets... for now... so i'm 2 winning 2 losing in the 3rd quarters...