The night Nick almost died (again)

awww, classiness wasn't an insult, darling. You go ahead and hug the monitor on your end, an I'll hug mine. If anyone asks, I'll just tell them I'm receiving messages from the Mothership.

People generally don't argue with me here. ;)

@episode666: i know it was a compliment, i thought of pointing that out but then again thanking someone who's remembering an accident involving a skillet, duct tape, and a storm didn't seem such a great idea.
i wouldn't argue with someone mentioning motherships either. :zombie:

*hugs his monitor, adding to his list of near-death experiences dying of terror should the monitor ever hug back* :)

rahvin.

rahvin said:
*hugs his monitor, adding to his list of near-death experiences dying of terror should the monitor ever hug back* :)

rahvin.
*hugs back, reassuring rahvin that she has another skillet on hand to lend*

Here, I'm going to add some humor so *I* at least feel better.

Some close friends found out about the entire incident via the local newschannel. One friend called and asked if I got to keep the skillet. I didn't - as it had become evidence and needed to be used in court and I could not be guaranteed it's return. Over a weekend, they gathered at my home for a small "survival" party - joking how I needed to make a training booklet and video using the skillet as self-defense, complete with camoflauge gear. "Pan-chi-do" was the name, IIRC. :lol:

@episode666: :lol: i feel better too.
but i'm also about to attend 2 hours of completely useless lessons on a completely useless program i can completely master already, and i'm mentioning it here because it's so close to a near-death experience. it surely implies loss of conscience and a burning desire to get away before it's too late. :ill:

rahvin.

When i was a child (really young, i have no memory of it) i ate venomous berries, luckily i threw up everything soon. nothing else...i've never been badly ill: just a couple of colds, never had a bone broken...:err:

Hm, i'm glad i'm in one piece today, last night (last of carnival) the city centre was pretty awful because of drunk people fighting with the police forces and throwing bottles at them. The point where the police forces came right next to me and my friends was pretty scary. :p

@rahvin: Darlin'? You okay out there? Did you make it through your lessons? *readies the defibrilator*
@Hiljainen: Lucky, lucky gal :)
@Siren: EEK!!!! Are you alright? I hope you were not injured in the fray!

Episode666 said:
@rahvin: Darlin'? You okay out there? Did you make it through your lessons? *readies the defibrilator*

does a defibrilator resemble a skillet in any way? because i wouldn't trust you being around me with one then. ;)
i actually dozed off a couple of times during those lessons, but i'm ok. i just don't think i feel like posting that much. maybe i'll catch you in private? and thanks for caring, btw. :)

rahvin.

@Episode666: No, i wasn't injured, me and my friends left as soon as the trouble started. Thanks for asking. :)
Sadly, it turns out that the people who caused the fray weren't random drunk people, but anarchists or smt like that, who had planned it and warned a newspaper about their intentions, but the police and the city-mayor did absolutely nothing to warn and protect us. :(

1. i was born with a rare disease, i was allergic to the vast majority of food and i couldn't assimilate anything. many doctors gave me for dead except one who found out that in switzerland they were testing a new vaccine. it was expensive and difficult to find, but my parents managed to get it, somehow, and it saved me.

2. at 5 or 6 (i was at primary school), during a painting class one of my schoolmates who was running like mad to escape another kid, pushed me away quite hard. i fell backwards and violently hit a radiator with the back of my head. there was blood everywhere, kids screaming and teachers were quite scared but i had nothing serious, after all. i got my head sewn and i was given back to my parents as good as new :)

3. at 9, during the last rehearsal of my skating program before the final competition, my left skate got stuck on a stone someone had thrown on the rink. i was preparing for a double flip jump (ie. i was skating backwards on the left foot, ready to take off) and since i was about to rotate counterclockwise i fell hitting the floor first with my left shoulder and then with my head. it was a matter of a split second: i felt a great pain and fainted. everyone thought i was dead (my lips were bleeding since i had bitten myself involuntarily) but when i opened my eyes and started to fight to free myself from the doctor, i heard my friends laughing :) then i got myself blocked by paramedics and transported to the nearest hospital where they found out i had (thanks god) *nothing*.

there are many more, but i spare you i'm tired of writing already :p

I remember almost drowning once. I swimmed with a blown-up toy in the Baltic Sea, and suddenly it slipped away from my hands and floated further into the sea. I didn't feel the earth with my feet, so it was rather deep there. Luckily some person caught my toy and trew it to me so I could reach the beach safely.
There were some other accidents, but I don't remember them, and I don't remember having thought about the meaning of life and my goals in life... I am careless. :erk:

I also remember my bf almost choking to death, when we were having a dinner with all my relatives sitting around. I slammed him at the back violently for a minute... That was so scary... Everything ended okay, but I still have that nasty feeling...