The obligatory now playing thread

It's interesting you say that because for me the album is full of amazing ideas. I think it's just fantastic. It sounds like the album that should have been produced between 'Enthrone Darkness Triumphant' and 'Spiritual Black Dimensions'. There are elements of both those albums but with that 21st century gloss without the head kicking triggers. I'm still enthralled with this album. Love it.

Perhaps I haven't listened to it enough, but from the few times I have, it feels bland... maybe in a while I'll go back to it.

Actually, speaking of black metal, I just received in the mail today a copy of Peter Beste's 'True Norwegian Black Metal', the black metal coffee book with photos, old interviews and letters etc. It's stunning. Xenoyr I must show you at some stage if you don't already have it. It's pretty much the definitive image collection of Norwegian black metal. The amusing coincidence was that I put my Darkthrone - True Norwegian Black Metal shirt on when I got home for the first time in about 6 months, cracked a beer, and then saw the book on the table. 'True Norwegian Black Metal' book. Coincidence? No. Euronymous communicating with me through channels unknown? Almost certainly.

I've seen a lot of the book but have to physically read it so I'm assuming there's a lot more to it. I do need to own a copy though, you'll have to show me over some port.

I can't remember, is that the Transilvanian Hunger t-shirt or not...? I hate when metal t-shirts fade, so many I've laid to rest...

MediEvil OST - Comedy Corpses

Slightly dissappointed in so much of the compositional work losing it's dark and eerie vibe that the original synths gave it in the video game. Too much "YEAH, EPIC QUEST" shit going on, not enough "OH GOD, WHERE IS THE LAST ZOMBIE, IT MUST BE HERE, FUCK, IT'S GONNA KILL ME, SHIT".