The Odyssey: Breathless

most definately....the beginning orchestra part rules, it's a different beast from other SX stuff, although it's undeniably Symphony X. i'm glad they didnt just do "V part 2" for that song. the part at 12:55 is my favorite

Originally posted by RequiemX
And the artwork! Not just the cover we have all seen, but the CD itself! It's beautiful. And the artwork on the Limited Edition CD is even cooler.

It is, it is! :D :D :D

Hi guys!

It`s too early to judge this album, but until now I really like "Accolade II" (although it can``t top part I), "Awakenings" , "Inferno (Unleash the fire") and last but not least "The Odyssey" (especially Part VII!!!)

Breath-taking?? HELL, YES!! The Odyssey truly is a masterpiece, album of the year in my opinion! The whole album hasn't totally opened for me but there are really great songs like Inferno (Unleash the Fire), King of Terrors, Accolade II and of course The Odyssey itself. I think that this is one of the albums that just gets better when you listen to it more...

'Wicked' is an awesome song, too, and also 'The Turning'. And 'Awakenings' is incredible. The only album of this year that is competing with this one, to me, is BG's new one, and then when Opeth's new one comes out. This CD is awesome, and keeps getting better.

Originally posted by Mantraschism
'Wicked' is an awesome song, too, and also 'The Turning'. And 'Awakenings' is incredible. The only album of this year that is competing with this one, to me, is BG's new one, and then when Opeth's new one comes out. This CD is awesome, and keeps getting better.
Am I the only one who hasn't fallen for Opeth? Everyone here seems to like them, but they haven't struck me like Symphony X has.

Originally posted by RequiemX
Am I the only one who hasn't fallen for Opeth? Everyone here seems to like them, but they haven't struck me like Symphony X has.

If you don't like death metal at all you won't like them, I like some of their songs only but i'm not by any means a fan.

hehe i'm with ya I like lots of Death metal bands and don't quite like opeth (some songs only) but that's not really what I meant:D ''If requiem can't stand death metal, he won't like opeth''