The Odyssey: Breathless

Originally posted by Kronos66
well generally i would totally agree...

but this time i must say that i compared for one reason : generally, DT don't do symphonic overture like in 6DOIT, and as a fan of both of those bands, the comparison is inevitable.
it was a nice try, but sorry : Romeo is still the best at it.

well allright.. I prefer Syx to DT but that Scenes of a Memory CD owns me the last few days.. the only cd's i'm playing these days are The Odyssey and Scenes from a memory. I just can't understand that human beings can write such music. I think they're aliens :D

Originally posted by karelrulez
dude?! why always the SyX vs DT comparison?? IMO SyX isn't better than DT, and DT isn't better than SyX. because they are two totally different bands.

Firstly, dont "dude?!" me, mkay, i am not a d00d..i am a d00deSS. :p
And secondly, i merely wanted to express my opinion that "Overture" (on 6DoIT, may i add) lacks something that DT usually provides in their songs. I feel that SyX's "Overture" in "The Odyssey" is just fantastic...it blew me away! The talent that went into the production of that track, in fact the whole album, is top notch :)

:Shedevil:

Originally posted by Prismatic Sphere
Oh this album is DEFINITELY better than "V".

To me, much of the orchestration programming is a bit too thin on "V". Even MJR eluded to this. But on this one, there is thickness and substance to it. I think it's because MJR said he got better software. At any rate, it's the best SX record since "Divine Wings..."..... maybe even better.:eek:

Totally agreed. The title track is fantastic, Accolade II and Awakenings are superb and the other tracks are also good/great. The new version of Masquerade is all the way better than the original. But I still think Opeth's Deliverance is the album of the year.