The Odyssey

Foog

New Metal Member
Sep 7, 2005
Hi. First post. I've been listening to the epic Odyssey track, and I wanted to know what every SX noob wants to know when listening to it- is that a real orchestra playing that? ..Or did Pinnella just record like 30 tracks and dub them all in. Thanks for your help.

-Foog

Mike Romeo did them all on a piece of software. Something Suite I believe.

And Nuendo? Nuendo 3 is some seriously expensive shit.

let's clarify that MIDI is actually a communication interface for various musical related (or not) digital devices, not some kind of sound generator...

proulxski said:
Michael Romeo did alot of it on Nuendo (MIDI FORMAT) But he did play some of the sound on the keyboard.

---
Pastorious-Yeh its very freaking expensive...But what isn't now days in the music world?
Hmmm.. Must check out this software... Anyone know who makes it?

Romeo used a seperate program from Nuendo to create the orchestral sounds. Its called gigastudio. He might have programmed it in Nuendo, but the sounds are coming from the Gigastudio. Its really really expensive software, considering the sound libraries themselves are thousands of dollars and it takes a seperate, dedicated PC just to run it.

I recorded with a guy who has Nuendo 3 (latest Nuendo) and he had to buy a £3000 (roughly $5000) processor to run it, along with 3 other processors worth about £200-£500.

Gigastudio is very advanced stuff, and I think we're all joined in saying MJR did an AMAZING job with it.

Pastorius said:
I recorded with a guy who has Nuendo 3 (latest Nuendo) and he had to buy a £3000 (roughly $5000) processor to run it, along with 3 other processors worth about £200-£500.

Gigastudio is very advanced stuff, and I think we're all joined in saying MJR did an AMAZING job with it.

£3000 squid!! That's insane, it'd be cheaper to just borrow an orchestra for like a week or two!!!!