The Odyssey

MC Pee pants

Wookie Member
Oct 24, 2004
Olympia, WA
I am now a senior in college at the University of Oregon (Go Ducks!) and I have to create a senior project to graduate at the end of the year with a BS in Music. To do that I have to create a senior project and I was thinking that producing the Odyssey would be a fitting challenge. As a major University we definitely have the vocal chops to round out the choir section (plus our mens A Capella group was on The Sing Off (NBC) this year). We also have enough musicians to handle the orchestral parts, and with such a large university I'm sure I can find the drum, bass, and guitar players to manage the main parts. I was wondering what you guys think, plus if you could help with the arrangements for the different parts (The only guitar tab on this website definitely has some incorrect sections).
Thanks

Do you have Guitar Pro? If so, go here http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/symphony_x/the_odyssey_guitar_pro.htm and download The Odyssey tab. If you don't have Guitar Pro, I'm pretty sure you can download the trial version just to view the files. Anyway, the tab is pretty good; it has all the basic instruments as well as most of the keyboard parts. You'll also be able to find plenty of guitar and bass tabs for the song around the net.

Good luck if you decide to arrange this massive song!

You need to talk to one guy only... Mr. Stig Nergård.
He is the most gifted musician I`ve ever seen, except of Shawn Lane.
He is almost always busy, but he is the dude when it comes to SX.