The Official 2007 Recommendations List

A few recent acquisitions that I'm in the process of digesting, but here's my first impressions:

Machine Head - The Blackening: 2007 is still early, but this one is the best album that I've heard so far, and I expect it to grow on me even more in the coming months. I would definately recommend checking it out.

Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir: I've only had a chance to spin this one once so far (partly because I'm too busy listening to Machine Head), but first impressions suggest that I'll be spinning it many more times as 2007 progresses. While I'm not usually a big fan of death metal vocals, he mixes up his singing and screaming to good effect, to shift with the music as it alternates from haunting and melodic to thundering and heavy.

Alabama Thunderpussy - Open Fire: Some good straight up, no nonsense hard rock, with a little punk influence thrown in on tracks like "Whiskey War"

Alabama Thunderpussy - Open Fire: Some good straight up, no nonsense hard rock, with a little punk influence thrown in on tracks like "Whiskey War"

I just got into ATP last year after seeing them live! I still need to pick up the new one.:kickass:

From the sound of the leaked tracks from Year Zero, the new NIN album will be amazing!!!

New Black Rebel Motorcycle Club will kill. New single Weapon of Choice kicks ass!!!

New Manics in May. That should be a cracker too!!!

So far, the new LCD Soundsystem record, Sound of Silver, is fucking ace!!!
Ginger, Yoni, too is a beaut!!