The Official Cleveland Thread!

I was there back in MArch and all I can say is, great show, shitty sound. I seriously felt that if I didn't know the songs I would have been lost many times. I don't know if it's the sound system at the Agora or SyX's sound man, but it was horrible.

My sympathies for your ears. But it should still be a good show.

The sound wasn't too great at points... but man, it's SX, who cares? It was still the best concert I've been to (although my friend and I made the whole 3-hour drive home with no music because our ears were RAPED at the show).

Looking to hook up with other serious SX fans at this Agora show... I am driving all the way down from western Michigan. Can not wait to Romeo and CO to shred live right in front of me...can anyone here give me some insight into what the Agora is like?

So what did everyone think? I loved it, great show... they seemed to have a lot of energy.

I got to talk to the band and they were the coolest! Most bands you have to wait around for hours, but they just stood around and talked with us for such a long time, it was great!

Fourth time seeing them in less than a year, and it was the best show yet! The guitars didn't drown everything else out all show like previous times, and the overall sound was a bit muddy at times, but that didn't take anything away IMO. Set as best I remember, not necessarily in exact order:

Inferno
Wicked
Evolution
Accolade II
King Of Terrors
Communication and the Oracle
Sea of Lies
Smoke and Mirrors
Of Sins and Shadow

encore:
The Odyssey

REALLY, REALLY, great show. The energy there was awesome.
Alot better then last year even and that was good too.. Though I thought the sound was better this year, EXCEPT poor Pinnella. Seems every show of theirs I go to, Pinnella gets the worst part of the deal. You can never really hear the poor guy except when everyone else stops playing, or you will start to hear him in the "MIDDLE" of his solo's instead at the beginning..:hotjump: UGH!!
But what you CAN hear is just AWESOME!!

So besides that, it kicked ass..:Spin:

It's amazing to me that Pinnella is the one guy who loses out in the mix. How hard is it to turn the volume up on the keyboard channel? It's the one instrument that you really don't have to screw with. Just run a direct line, set the volume and you're done. That's always amazed me.

And yeah, what's with the sound man not knowing when to boost the levels on Pinnella's and Romeo's leads? That was the one thing that absolutely killed me when I saw them at the Agora last March. Every time one of them would start a lead you'd miss the first 3 to 4 seconds until the sound man pulled up the volume. I just couldn't believe it was SyX's sound man as they should know the songs inside and out. They should hit those adjustments a split second BEFORE they happen. I've asked numerous times if anyone knew if that was their sound guy or if it was a house tech, but nobody replied. All I know is, if that is their guy then they should look into getting a new sound guy, because he isn't very good.

I'm not ragging on him, I would just like to know why he's late in pulling the leads to the forefront of the mix. If he tours with the band and is a fan of their music, he obviously knows when they are starting their leads and should be ready for them.

I'm not trying to badmouth the guy, but all I know is that the sound at the Agora back in March was really bad and every lead was 3 to 4 seconds late. Even Seven Witches' sound was great compared to SyX that night. I just don't get it.

I know man, I was kidding.

Man, I can't get over how cool it was. Lepond and Russel had to be outside the bus with us for damn near an hour, and Rullo was out there for a while, too. Romeo and Pinella seemed busy, but they even still came out for a while. And that was BEFORE the concert.... they came out even more after. Coolest band ever!

i was there!!! It was the greatest show i've ever been too!!! The great Mr. Romeo himself shook my hand 4 times, i got a pick too!!! I was the guy with the Nightfall shirt on stage diving Romeo's side. Antithesis rocked too, i've been a fan of this local band for a while. They ruled. Aweosme show!