The Official Gaming Thread

I beat AC1 twice. Great game, although flawed. Then came AC2 which fixed every issue from the first. Man that game rocks. \m/

When are you getting Brotherhood? I preordered it and will probably be the ultimate nerd and go to my local Gamestop at 10 PM tomorrow night.

I hear they will have the game available to play, which I am not interested in because I want everything fresh when I get home. I will go because I heard they were giving stuff away, but I am not sure if that is true. I will call them tomorrow. Also, I am holding onto some hope that I could get it early and leave, but they cannot do that legally.

The end cliffhanger of AC:B = WTF!?!? I really hope the world doesn't end before AC3 is released ...

desmond isnt so bad, not exactly the greatest character, but im curious to know where its going.....what it will be like to play an assassin in "the future"

Yeah, I am not a huge fan of Desmond either, but I am really curious to see where this game goes, especially with the end of Brotherhood. I was wondering if the official AC III game with have another ancestor or strictly be Desmond in 2012. Where Brotherhood ended, I now feel as if there will be another ancestor. My issue is with the core gameplay in the future, such as firearms becoming a more prominent part of battle as we already saw in Brotherhood.

For those who want to play the game, maybe not read the following, haha.

I was quite pissed off with some of the story. It was clearly not as strong as AC II as it was more random and disjointed in my opinion. Also, there were a lot of questions unanswered. One of the things I was looking forward to the most was when Desmond had the vision of Ezio as an older man in the Assassin's shrine. Maybe the only thing with that was him drawing the code, but I was really hoping we would see that as Ezio because the vision Desmond has was Ezio looking at the statues.

I was also annoyed with the massive skip between Ezio going to find Cesare. What the fuck. Maybe future DLC's will clear this stuff up, but I was definitely disappointed. I loved AC II. It is probably my favourite game, so this was a small letdown although the gameplay is still great.

Another small thing and I am not sure if anyone else cares as much as me, ha, but we never found out why Ezio's little brother collected the feathers. I collected all of them in AC II and we only received a very small scene of Ezio's mother breaking her silence. I collected them all in Brotherhood and absolutely nothing happened. Pretty aimless to have them in Brotherhood.

BlueSky, have you tried the multiplayer? I have only played wanted and I must admit, it is really fun. I enjoy it quite a lot other than the fucking hidden gun that people love to use. That is about the only problem I have with the multiplayer.

just got two worlds 2 and I couldn't stand it ,for over five mins...bad purchase i want my money back :/

playing final fantasy 13 now i know i am late on it but so far so good.

2011 is going to kill for games.
Knight's contract
Asura's wrath
Marvel vs capcom 3
Street fighter vs tekken

I can only speak for what I saw at a friends' but... wow it is pretty. I mean really pretty.

But FUCK are the characters retarded. I'm kinda used to people in games being dumb or badly written but this is really terrible.. haven't seen something as bad as that since Chaser. Then again people say there are many a slightly similar game with worse characterization.. which sounds frightening.

Yeah, I am not a huge fan of Desmond either, but I am really curious to see where this game goes, especially with the end of Brotherhood. I was wondering if the official AC III game with have another ancestor or strictly be Desmond in 2012. Where Brotherhood ended, I now feel as if there will be another ancestor. My issue is with the core gameplay in the future, such as firearms becoming a more prominent part of battle as we already saw in Brotherhood.

For those who want to play the game, maybe not read the following, haha.

I was quite pissed off with some of the story. It was clearly not as strong as AC II as it was more random and disjointed in my opinion. Also, there were a lot of questions unanswered. One of the things I was looking forward to the most was when Desmond had the vision of Ezio as an older man in the Assassin's shrine. Maybe the only thing with that was him drawing the code, but I was really hoping we would see that as Ezio because the vision Desmond has was Ezio looking at the statues.

I was also annoyed with the massive skip between Ezio going to find Cesare. What the fuck. Maybe future DLC's will clear this stuff up, but I was definitely disappointed. I loved AC II. It is probably my favourite game, so this was a small letdown although the gameplay is still great.

Another small thing and I am not sure if anyone else cares as much as me, ha, but we never found out why Ezio's little brother collected the feathers. I collected all of them in AC II and we only received a very small scene of Ezio's mother breaking her silence. I collected them all in Brotherhood and absolutely nothing happened. Pretty aimless to have them in Brotherhood.

BlueSky, have you tried the multiplayer? I have only played wanted and I must admit, it is really fun. I enjoy it quite a lot other than the fucking hidden gun that people love to use. That is about the only problem I have with the multiplayer.

I rented it last week and I was really shocked by the ending too...and I think I recognized a voice at the very end too...

I'm pretty sure the next game will be with a different character, but if AC3 is supposed to be the last one, then I assume Desmond is going to have a much bigger role. I don't know how the technology thing will work either. I kinda pictured the modern bit to feel like Metal Gear Solid or something...both plots have similarities with some secret world order. But then again, at the end of ACII, you're fighting with your hidden blades. I'd much rather stick with swords and blades.

I had a lot of fun with the multiplayer the little I played of it. It says to push B to stop your opponent from attacking you, but it never worked for me so I don't know what that was about. I found it really annoying that you can't really do anything if you see the guy trying to kill you right in front of you other than just run away. I don't know if I was just not doing it right or what. I didn't see anybody use a hidden gun, although I do think I unlocked it.

Haha, I've been playing that AC facebook game and it gives a lot of back story to a lot of the characters in Brotherhood...there's even mention of a Shroud artifact(it has the ability to heal), but that wasn't mentioned in Brotherhood, so I have theories about a use of that in AC3.