The Official Krallice Thread

I never heard of them before I saw them tuesday with Wolves in the Throne Room and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed. Each song was great! Can't wait for the next album since all the songs they played were new

Lol... its going to be a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile before theres a new krallice album. If ever. I'm pretty sure it started out as a shitty side project idea between colin and mick barr

No, not the greatest band, but...

their EP was definitely one of my favorite releases last year and I got to catch them in Boston with Wolves in the Throne Room on Thursday and they put on a great show. Do check them out if they come to your area.

I don't get the weakling hate for Krallice. I mean under the 'black metal' genre they're bands that are out there in the spectrum and somewhat similar but i think the bands have completely different intentions as to what they're trying to do. Same with Wittr. Don't get me wrong i like Dead as Dreams as much as the next guy...

I think that there are beautiful portions of music played by Krallice. I do not know the tracks too well, so what I say in detail can only be applied to the track 'Wretched Wisdom', a track which I believe they destroyed after the first minute and a half. This track was beautiful until the keyboards(?) went too wayward with the key changes (right after the first snare hit and open bass note) and then the drums (1:41 mark) went into some happy ass 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 beat. Enter the blast beat portion and the music becomes bearable again. It is better than 7 out of 10 'black metal' acts though and I think that Colin Marston is an excellent musician, especially in Dysrhythmia.

I would say Negură Bunget (http://www.myspace.com/negurabunget) do the same style better, especially with the track Tesarul De Lumini (track 2) off of their 'Om' album.

*Edit: I apologize for the 'bashing' for those who read my post earlier.

tbh negura bunget really dont play anything at all like krallice. thank fuck

I agree that I made a generalization by saying Negura 'plays the same style but better'. But I did mention that whatever I say in DETAIL is based off of listening to 'Wretched Wisdom' a track that I think bares semblance to the listed track by Negura Bunget. And now after listening to the other Krallice track provided on their myspace, I do not think it's a totally unreasonable comparison to the same band.

Aside from that, if we're considering Krallice to be a 'great band' or the 'greatest band' there's hardly a substantial argument for that; they purposely did this as a side project and as mentioned above, are probably not going to release another album.

I'm not batshit crazy for their album like I was back when it came out, but it still rules. I get the Weakling comparisons, but I don't think they sound that much alike..

and yeah, I hope they put out a new one in not too long, they've got a lot of potential.