The Official PARADISE LOST: Thoughts, Predictions, and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I'm with A-Guardian X...It's kind of unprofessional to not keep the fans in informed under these unique circumstances, in this the internet age.........
Yay! An Accomplice in this most heinous of crimes! And what is this crime, you ask? Wanting to get mostly any clue of progress made towards release of Paradise Lost, it is! What a terrible, horrible thing...

Yay! I finally have ONE MORE PERSON on MY SIDE!

Yes, well it's NICE when i get a blowjob too. I don't go around expecting every girl to drop on her knees though...

that'd be a nice world eh?

AGX: the fact that you have a "SIDE" in the first place is utterly ridiculous. you debate just to debate.

actually, calling it a debate would be an insult to intellectual people. you rant.

edit, i just saw the colossal, epic ownage on the previous page.

that'd be a nice world eh?

AGX: the fact that you have a "SIDE" in the first place is utterly ridiculous. you debate just to debate.

actually, calling it a debate would be an insult to intellectual people. you rant.

edit, i just saw the colossal, epic ownage on the previous page.
The fact that you call it "ownage" is a testament to your internet nerdiness...eh? Yeah, I'd say...

Anyway, that's why I lurk...because my opinions are not popular...I did feel like getting it out today (my opinions and irratation at seeing Iced Earthian updates)...

You sound like upset Backstreet Boys fans lol. Where is their new cd?? Why no updates??!! Oh my god oh my god! What shall I do? I cant think?!?!?!

I think this arguement is anyway pointless without a member of the group.

And now be all big men (or women) and just tolerate eachother. Should be a piece of cake if you ask me. Just dont look at this thread for a week or more... who can manage to do that?? lol Would be sad if you couldnt!!!

take some yoga lessons you freaks (Hellfire is a freak too)

MUTUAL TOLERANCE IS THE KEY my boys.

-> Not written by Hellfire <-

Gigantour 2005: Symphony X toured and two live tracks got their place on the Gigantour DVD and CD.

Russell Allen released his solo album 'Atomic Soul' as well as an album with Jorn Lande - 'The Battle'.

Michael Pinella released his solo album 'Enter By The Twelfth Gate' in 2004.

does that count as something between albums to 'tide us over'? ;)

I really want to know your answer to this AGX....

Having 3 side-project releases and a live recording of the band between two album releases sounds like a fair deal to me! Like those releases or not it is something at least.

^ :lol:

I just discovered that the Japanese bonus track off The Odyssey- 'Frontiers' is available for download from the official site... Didn't know it was there, must have been put there relatively recently I guess... Anyway, sounded quite good, the mix didn't seem as great as the rest of the actual album, but a very typical Symphony X tune... I really like Lepond's tapping part in the mid-section with the guitar soloing over the top, very cool. :headbang:

Jesus fucking christ, what the hell happened to this thread? Does every thread on this board get clogged up with 3 to 4 pages of nancy-fighting and bitching?

The bottom line is whether you want SX to rush an album because of pressure from whiny fans and release something thats only average (not that SX or any group of mature grown men/women would compromise their musical integrity just to get something out) or would you rather that the band took their sweet time to make sure that they could release the best material possible? I don't think I even need to mention the amount of shit that went wrong in the process of recording this album. SX don't owe anybody anything, they owe it to themselves to make an album that is most satisfying for them only.

Web-updates are nice but if a band is too focused on the big picture instead of getting on the net and saying a few words about the material then I completely understand, after all I will hear the album when its released and I don't need any spoilers to taint my perception of the album. There no need to get your panties in a twist because you don't know every minute detail about how the album is coming along so just deal with it.

This is quite funny... Everyone&#180;s using the "shame on you for telling them to rush the album".. Once again, there&#180;s nobody asking them to rush the album! I don&#180;t think that there&#180;s anything interesting in those updates, no I do not want to know what Russel ate at Burger King, but yes some more detailed information about the album would be nice. Just because some of you don&#180;t appreciate it doesn&#180;t mean that everyone should be of the same opinion.
That Ayreon guy has just as much right to post here as most of you kids, babbling most of the time about what you ate for dinner, beautiful girls etc... Or worse, just writing for the sake of writing "JEEZ, U TOTALLY POWEND TEH VIDEOGAME LOLZ !!11!!".. That&#180;s just retarded man..
It&#180;s nice to read opinions from someone else than the regaular yes-sayers thinking they are doing MJR or Jax (or J for that matter) by gang-flaming some guy for expressing HIS opinion.
Yes please, rant about "this subject has been bitched the hell of", so what? Nothing happens. What do you care, are you in the band, is it YOUR forum?! If you don&#180;t like it, maybe YOU should keep posting in TEH AWEZOMEZT VIDEOGAME-thread..
By the way, stupidity? What do you know? Making personal remarks or flaming someone like that is stupidity, but again, I would not expect anything else from some 16 year old with hormonal problems still living in his kiddy-room...

Should be a piece of cake if you ask me.

1168388836748.jpg

no I do not want to know what Russel ate at Burger King,

I want to know what Russ ate at burger king. I know Lepond likes chalupas from taco bell.

Here's the point, and i'm leaving it at this. I'm not saying updates are teh devil. I'm not saying no one wants to know what's going on. Of course we're curious, anxious, etc. But, our collective curiosity will NOT get the album released any faster. Want to know where the last couple of pages of hillarity came from, it was from the fact that Ayreon Guardian was acting like a whiny little baby and literally getting ANGRY that there were no updates or album info out. You just don't do that.

Ayreon is not the only one who wants to know what's going on, but he's being terribly immature about it. So, we told him to shut the fuck up. That's all there is to it.

I want to know what Russ ate at burger king. I know Lepond likes chalupas from taco bell.

Here's the point, and i'm leaving it at this. I'm not saying updates are teh devil. I'm not saying no one wants to know what's going on. Of course we're curious, anxious, etc. But, our collective curiosity will NOT get the album released any faster. Want to know where the last couple of pages of hillarity came from, it was from the fact that Ayreon Guardian was acting like a whiny little baby and literally getting ANGRY that there were no updates or album info out. You just don't do that.

Ayreon is not the only one who wants to know what's going on, but he's being terribly immature about it. So, we told him to shut the fuck up. That's all there is to it.
Yeah, that and Gang-flaming me for expressing my opinion...but no, you were right, it was just what you said...there were no personal attacks or immature "Get the Fuck out's" or "Quit whining like a baby", "Here's some Tampax for you, you pussy" "Is it your time of the month", or other personal atacks, nope...never occurred...

LOL...you are quite good at making yourself look blameless, there...

Oh, adn by the way, I was not getting angry, just slightly irritated that they say that the album is going to be out in the spring and it is almost spring and they don't even have a track-listing yet? Let alone the album cover or even a TOTAL NUMBER OF TRACKS? If Symphony X were normally like Iced Earth, it would be one thing...but they are really not...

Yeah, that and Gang-flaming me for expressing my opinion...but no, you were right, it was just what you said...there were no personal attacks or immature "Get the Fuck out's" or "Quit whining like a baby", "Here's some Tampax for you, you pussy" "Is it your time of the month", or other personal atacks, nope...never occurred...

Oh it occurred. Did i say it didn't? No. Win.
Oh, adn by the way, I was not getting angry, just slightly irritated that they say that the album is going to be out in the spring and it is almost spring and they don't even have a track-listing yet?

Fans have every right to be angry

pwned

Oh, adn by the way, I was not getting angry, just slightly irritated that they say that the album is going to be out in the spring and it is almost spring and they don't even have a track-listing yet? Let alone the album cover or even a TOTAL NUMBER OF TRACKS? If Symphony X were normally like Iced Earth, it would be one thing...but they are really not...

But why is any of this information even necessary at this point? You know the title. The number of tracks doesn't mean a thing. Think about Green Carnation putting out the one cd that was more than 60 minutes and was tracked as a single track. When there is information to be had rest assure, they will pass it along. It's on a need to know basis and no one but them needs to be concerned with it at this time.

I'm sorry you can not seem to respect this. I'm sure your world is just ruined with out this information.

But why is any of this information even necessary at this point? You know the title. The number of tracks doesn't mean a thing. Think about Green Carnation putting out the one cd that was more than 60 minutes and was tracked as a single track. When there is information to be had rest assure, they will pass it along. It's on a need to know basis and no one but them needs to be concerned with it at this time.

I'm sorry you can not seem to respect this. I'm sure your world is just ruined with out this information.
nice that everyone seems to LOVE to put words in my mouth...no, my "world is not ruined" but such info is useful to keep fans interested in what is going on...hell, Symphony X are just about my favorite band but it is hard to even CARE about them when you only get info once every 3 months...just like I used to love Iced Earth (even got their Dark Genesis Boxed Set)...but when you only get updated with new info with the changing of the seasons, it is hard to really CARE what is going on...

They (both Iced Earth AND Symphony X) are likely losing fans at this point because people cease to give two shits when something is supposed to be released, and there is no info about it, and it keeps getting delayed...oh, and before you say "Good, we don't need fans like that anyway", actually, Symphony X could use ALL the fans that they can get...they are not exactly Metallica in terms of popularity...couldn't even get mainstage on Gigantour, so I would say that they need those fans that they are losing by delaying the album (again, not everything has to be Beehoven's 9th Symphony here - being a perfectionist CAN be a bad thing) and by ignoring the Internet, which contrary to what some people think, is a part of life, and to be successful, you can no longer brush the Internet aside...

Oh, and about me getting "Angry", notice I didn't refer to myself in that quote you took ("Fans" have every right to be angry - btw angry as a synonym for irritated), DZ..."PWNED", yourself...

nice that everyone seems to LOVE to put words in my mouth...no, my "world is not ruined" but such info is useful to keep fans interested in what is going on...hell, Symphony X are just about my favorite band but it is hard to even CARE about them when you only get info once every 3 months...just like I used to love Iced Earth (even got their Dark Genesis Boxed Set)...but when you only get updated with new info with the changing of the seasons, it is hard to really CARE what is going on...

They (both Iced Earth AND Symphony X) are likely losing fans at this point because people cease to give two shits when something is supposed to be released, and there is no info about it, and it keeps getting delayed...oh, and before you say "Good, we don't need fans like that anyway", actually, Symphony X could use ALL the fans that they can get...they are not exactly Metallica in terms of popularity...couldn't even get mainstage on Gigantour, so I would say that they need those fans that they are losing by delaying the album (again, not everything has to be Beehoven's 9th Symphony here - being a perfectionist CAN be a bad thing) and by ignoring the Internet, which contrary to what some people think, is a part of life, and to be successful, you can no longer brush the Internet aside...

Oh, and about me getting "Angry", notice I didn't refer to myself in that quote you took ("Fans" have every right to be angry - btw angry as a synonym for irritated), DZ..."PWNED", yourself...

no they aren't Metallica, but they did make the appearance on Gigantour. Main stage or not, that is an accomplishment. Romeo making the Top 100 Metal Guitar players in Guitar world was an accomplishment. Romeo doing the bet you can't play this column in Guitar World is an accomplishment. For a band that receives as little mainstream press as they do, everything is an accomplishment. And could they have just thrown something out, called it an album,and kept tour. Sure they could have, but they have choesn to craft an album that they will be happy with.

The internet is a double edged sword. A necessary evil if you will. It can be a valuable tool and it can be a absolute nightmare. But the internet is not life itself. Again, when there is news to be had, it will be passed along.

And iced earth are losing fans because jon has become a shitty songwriter who fired a fantastic vocalist and replaced him with a weaker one. One who cannot do their previous tracks justice and one who will ruin the much anticipated "Something Wicked" concept. That's why people no longer like Iced Earth, not because Jon doesn't update.

Ok, if you're going to be nitpicky (and by the way, angry =/= irritated), go back and read your first few responses. They sounded pretty angry to me (and i lol'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.