The Official Peavey XXX Thread

I talked to Gary a year ago on his forum and he told me he´s got 2 XXX (EL34/6L6) and both with JJ tubes and ECC83 in preamp.
I remember he told me also he recorded last album (TAE) with EL34, but I can´t find any difference between El34/6L6, any expert around here??

I think we should get sharing some settings on thies thread. Seems to be a few different opinions on the forum about how best to dial in the amp. Scope for alot of tones with the active eq.

Some people reckon its best to keep the dials somewhere between 10:00-2:00, some say boost everything to max and then work back, some say to pull everything back to 0 and boost from there.

Planning to use my XXX for my bands E.P. in the next few months. Will report back when it comes to reamping guitars with settings and clips.

Hey all, I just finished customizing my XXX today and thought it would be appropriate to post it here, deffo a improvement from the trucker girls originally on the amp imo:

PeaveyXXXFinished.jpg

Anyone else done a bit of modification to make theirs look a bit less ugly?

Hey all, I just finished customizing my XXX today and thought it would be appropriate to post it here, deffo a improvement from the trucker girls originally on the amp imo:

PeaveyXXXFinished.jpg

Pretty cool dude!

I've just started using my Triple XXX again, but only 'cause I've moved my Savage 120 to the rehearsal room.
Using a TS-9 in front of it, funny thing is that the EQ all at 12'o'clock and it sound pretty nice so far. Using guitar rig 3 for cabsim.

Cool customazing Dude.. How did you do it??

Always feelt that the original skin was a little bit unproffesionell. Shure Peavey intentions where like - Lets make a cool amp... But Triple XXX and with girls on it hhehe...

Got some chequer plate cut to size from a scrap metal merchant on ebay, smoothed the edges and drilled a few holes for the screws. Sprayed it matt black with plastic-cote. Peavey logo is from an old broken bass amp at my studio, just superglued that on. Think all in it was like £30 for the metal and paint. I'm quite chuffed with the result :) nice to have something a bit unique. Though I still have the original faceplate if I ever decide to sell it later down the line (unlikely)

PeaveyXXXFinished.jpg

I did for my XXX I had and my JSX

My XXX:
Newness020.jpg

My JSX:
Therig2.jpg

Picture072.jpg

I went further by adding Q-parts knobs to the amp..wasn't cheap..but it looks killer IMO.

How are the Triple XXX cabs?

I remember trying one at a store and liking it more than the 6505+ they also had.