Are you switching to PT 9?

• I'm switching!

Votes: 30 32.3%
  • No way!

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • On the fence...

Votes: 34 36.6%

• Total voters
I'm sticking with Sonar and will be buying the new X1 update. They recently released some great new drivers for my V-Studio 100 and between my Sonar hardware and software - it just works for me.

Öwen;9480676 said:
David Bendeth says different.

My point in all of this being that if you do any collaborative work with any studio that uses Pro Tools its much easier to say send me your session then. Oh export me a bunch of wav files and zip them.

$599 is a small price to pay for that convenience.

For now im staying with cubase.

Im not buying into the whole PT hype and no way im doing any big studio work/collabs any time soon and I feel "at home" with cubase right now.

but then again I have only tried cubase so far.. so who knows, I might try PT someday and wonder why the fuck I dident do that sooner :p

My point in all of this being that if you do any collaborative work with any studio that uses Pro Tools its much easier to say send me your session then. Oh export me a bunch of wav files and zip them.

80% of huge studio still run PT7. Sorry but I had to say that...

I'm jumping ship for a couple of reasons, I'm happy with logic but even at the small scale of work and clients that I get. I have lost business due to not having pro tools. Which I know is completely stupid but rather than educating the masses I figure I may as well bite the bullet and deal with it. My other reason is that, I'm still at SAE and everything we have to do there is Pro Tools, so I'm using it every day anyway and know my way around it. I'd like to just have to deal with one DAW and not have to worry about transferring projects to Logic so I can edit at home. My final reason is I simply prefer the workflow and editing, Flex time annoys me after I got familiar with beat detective and tab to transient editing.

All in all I can't wait to upgrade!

After trying it for a couple days I can safely say I'll be sticking with Logic 9 as my main Daw. Perhaps if I bought the toolkit and played around again I'd sing a different tune, but for now, it's one of those nice to have it just incase type situations. For now anyways.

I will be buying 9. Upgrading from 8, I am excited to trash my damn M-Box, that thing sounds like poo and I can seem to only get it to work with PT.

I need it for compatibility and I am stoked I can use my regular interface.

But as my main DAW, I still prefer Cubase:

Drum map
Arranger Track
Score Editing and Export
Slip Editing
Control Room
Track Presets

If Cubase just had Tab to Transient and group editing, I would be pretty happy.

I'm in no way working with big studios, but when I tracked my band's drum tracks in PT HD and then did the rest at my house with Cubase, it was ridiculously easy to move the wav files from PT to Cubase. In no way was the move from one DAW to another EVER a stumbling block. If it's this easy for rinky dink studios, how could it be any harder for large studios?

If I was recording other bands i would do it in a second. But I just muck around for myself at home theses days and Ableton Live is the easiest and funnest way for me.. I have reaper If i want to do serious edits. I do have an old Sonar License laying around and would probably try an x1 upgrade first..

I guess I'm kinda putting my foot in my mouth here, but...

after watching a bunch of videos and talking to a few people, I'm thinking I might pick up PT9 for some editing. I can't see myself recording or mixing in it(especially with the crippled ADC and automation), but it seems like this could increase my editing speed(and quality) by at least a little bit. plus I'll be able to open protools projects from other studios, and so on.

I could be a guinea pig for anyone here that is thinking about switching over? I could test things for people, take screenshots, etc...