Are you switching to PT 9?

• I'm switching!

Votes: 30 32.3%
  • No way!

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • On the fence...

Votes: 34 36.6%

• Total voters
Can someone explain to me what's "crippled" about the automation? I just did everything I could think of and it and it worked perfectly and I couldn't come up with anything I couldn't easily accomplish. Enlighten me.

Trim automation is the one I would miss the most.
I often automate a trim plug rather than the "volume" but even with that you can easily select the whole song and adjust all of the automation up or down (so functionally you can trim, just not with the fader)....or am I still not getting it?
BTW, I didn't vote b/c I'm not switching to anything as I've simply bought the latest version of my preferred DAW (tools).

I often automate a trim plug rather than the "volume"...

I am an idiot for not thinking about this possibility!

I was never personally held back by anything in PT LEs automation feature set aside from the Trim stuff so I hear where you're coming from for sure... There are some other advanced automation features added with the toolkit but I don't really know what they are.

All the reasons I never wanted to even try Pro Tools have been addressed. Im pretty sure when I have the $$ im gonna buy it!! Of course im never gonna get rid of Reaper, but im verrrrry curious about the PT world!!!:Smokin:

I have just upgraded to logic 9, I am considering to buy PT9 in the long run just to have the ability to open PT sessions which I didn't need for the last 3 years anyway ;))) but you never know :)

I am pretty happy with logic 9 sofar, flex time works fine, drum editing was never easier to me. also some things that bothered me in 8 vere fixed in 9 (for example mono outputs) - since I am sending tracks to a console this was a very welcome feature for me.

[UEAK]Clowd;9486237 said:
I could be a guinea pig for anyone here that is thinking about switching over? I could test things for people, take screenshots, etc...

I'll take you up on it.
I want to know how PT9 performs when working with SD2.0. I track drums using an e-kit. No drum maps sucks and no diamond MIDI notes is a bit fugly.
Pair this work-flow with a typical ampsim & impulse chain for guitar tracks and I'd like to know how it performs on your machine (specs?)
Also, I love my Stillwell plugins...if you could try out a mix with some of them, it'd be great!
Also, try to wrap as many plugs with FXpansion's VST-to-RTAS wrapper as you can and let me know how they perform! :)
Cheers!

Niall.

I'll take you up on it.
I want to know how PT9 performs when working with SD2.0. I track drums using an e-kit. No drum maps sucks and no diamond MIDI notes is a bit fugly.
Pair this work-flow with a typical ampsim & impulse chain for guitar tracks and I'd like to know how it performs on your machine (specs?)
Also, I love my Stillwell plugins...if you could try out a mix with some of them, it'd be great!
Also, try to wrap as many plugs with FXpansion's VST-to-RTAS wrapper as you can and let me know how they perform! :)
Cheers!

Niall.

I don't have SD2 but I have SSD and other stuff so I'm sure it will work about the same.

right now I'm on an i5 750, 4gb of ram, windows 7... should be interesting to see how PT runs on a windows machine.

I'll have to pick up that FXpansion wrapper for sure.

[UEAK]Clowd;9489628 said:
I don't have SD2 but I have SSD and other stuff so I'm sure it will work about the same.

right now I'm on an i5 750, 4gb of ram, windows 7... should be interesting to see how PT runs on a windows machine.

I'll have to pick up that FXpansion wrapper for sure.

I wouldn't mind knowing too, as thats the setup im sort of looking to upgrade to!!! i5 750, overclocked to 4ghz with 6gig of ram (currently on core2duo and running PT9)