The Offspring

yeah, I'm an offspring fan. Saw them at Soundwave 08, but sadly after then they decided to record with the fucking devil himself, Bob Rock, who happens to ruin any band he produces. Offspring, Green Day, Metallica, you name it.

The new song sounds like Foo Fighters as much as it burns me to say that. They really need something heavy again. Can't Get My Head Around You was pretty much the last heavy song they put out...

I like the lead break at about 2:20 in Trust In You, really rocks out hardcore, and from 2:38 onwards Hammerhead has a fucking great section. But that's all I can really say about Rise And Fall - it has good PARTS, but the closest thing they get to 1 GOOD song is Hammerhead. RAF sounds like Green Day's American Idiot for fuck's sake.

They need to take a look at their roots again, and tell Bob Rock to fuck himself. Maybe then we'd get something worthy of having "The Offspring" on the cover. Like good ol' Smash or Ixnay or even fucking Conspiracy, which got me through the shit times in High School. Thanks to the punkier, faster stuff they've done, they turned me onto Thrash Metal, and for that I'm forever grateful, so I'm not hating on THEM, I'm hating on the labels, the producer, and (possibly) their old age...

/end rant

The Offspring is awesome! I bought it and I can honestly say these guys just love what they do. You can tell when you hear their songs! I love that Josh Freese played drums on the album. Cruisin' California is definitely my favorite, no matter what. Love to blast it in the car. Check out the video! http://vevo.ly/MPIc4v