The Omega Experiment FREE EP!! (progressive metal, ambient, Townsend)

Nothing to say more than WOW!!!!
If all recorded in your bedroom - how you recorded vocal? I mean do you have some kind sound isolating wall?

I'm sorry, but that noodling synth thing in Furor absolutely KILLS it for me. It's got way too much going on IMO.

Love the vocals and stuff, obviously Devin inspired but still cool.

The rest of this sounds really cool though, going to need to give it a proper listen and report back!

I'm sorry, but that noodling synth thing in Furor absolutely KILLS it for me. It's got way too much going on IMO.

Love the vocals and stuff, obviously Devin inspired but still cool.

The rest of this sounds really cool though, going to need to give it a proper listen and report back!

+1. The synth stuff is annoying as hell. I think it could be done with a bit more taste. The song overall is damn cool, so I know you can come up with something better.

I'm a huge DT/SYL fan and this is awesome!

I want details on how you recorded this -- especially interested in details for the guitars and vocals! :)

Sorry guys that's my song and I'm sticking to it lol. The whole point was to have way too much going on....so I guess I achieved my goal. Can't please everyone.

Guitars- TSE x30, TSE 808, LeCab 2 with the asim recto I lifted from this forum, and a fredman impulse. The leads/ambient bits were done with a Rocktron Intellifex. Rhythm guitar was recorded with my BC Rich custom gunslinger with EMG 81's. Leads/cleans recorded with my Fender koa tele.

Vocals? lol no isolating wall. Just me, sitting in front of me computer (other vocalists I worked with stood)...with a Shure sm7b in my hand, through an outboard Symetrix compressor into my M-audio 1010. The rest is internal.

Well, for what it's worth, I really dug the crazy chromatic synth thing at the beginning. With the word "Townsend" in the thread title, then hearing the first song, I was thinking "Wait, did Devin Townsend actually do the vocals on this song?"

You definitely nailed it. "Furor" has that Devin Townsend wall of sound, and the vocals sound like...well, like Devin Townsend. Like everybody else, I'm sort of wishing I had waited to post until I had heard more, but I got excited. I'm gonna go listen to the rest.

Thanks all. And, a public endorsement (Twitter) from Devin doesn't hurt either lol. He knows that song is a total nod to his style...and really, it's the only song like that. But regardless, I think it is really special. :)

Does anybody else expect Ziltoid to start talking at different points in Furor?

"Ahahaha... FOOLS! I have returned!"