The pics thread

image06.jpg

does he have a fucking job?

The text mimics the sensations/descriptions/emotions (etc.) of the passage. Furthermore, it's supposed to challenge the reader and recreate the elements discussed in the text (i.e. swirling textual passages represent vertigo, narrowing passages represent claustrophobia, etc.). It's all very carefully and meticulously planned by Danielewski. And if you can get by the pretentiousness and frustration, it all comes together wonderfully. I was seriously in a state of mental exhaustion for about a week after reading it.

That looks fucking awesome to me. I need to read it :lol:

So, I'm really into this printmaking/monotype class. Here's a low-quality pic of the one I did today. It is three different prints all on top of one another, technically.

knifewoundsmall.png

The first layer was the blood, painted with alizarin crimson ink; I also used my handprints as you can probably see, then smudged here and there. The next layer is a reductive monotype screened on top of the original 'blood' layer; it was based around scrawls and scribblings with subtle knife shapes. On top, I opted for a straight-up butcher knife, which was a mylar stencil-like piece inked blue/grey and given the mineral spirit treatment to cut away some of the ink for an industrial, gritty feel.

That looks fucking awesome to me. I need to read it :lol:

So, I'm really into this printmaking/monotype class. Here's a low-quality pic of the one I did today. It is three different prints all on top of one another, technically.

knifewoundsmall.png

The first layer was the blood, painted with alizarin crimson ink; I also used my handprints as you can probably see, then smudged here and there. The next layer is a reductive monotype screened on top of the original 'blood' layer; it was based around scrawls and scribblings with subtle knife shapes. On top, I opted for a straight-up butcher knife, which was a mylar stencil-like piece inked blue/grey and given the mineral spirit treatment to cut away some of the ink for an industrial, gritty feel.

I think I can see a goatse in there.

Unintentional, but it's probably just the way I work. That's physical media though, whereas all of my cover arts have basically just been done digitally.

That'd be cool. I just need to learn how to use iDrum effectively. I'm a musician, so art like that is not for me. If I did something half that cool I'd feel like a god. It'd be easier with someone who can do drum programming for me. Ugh.