The pics thread

24895_1208904383116_1243890750_31013748_6051224_n.jpg

me with Pollock's "Full Fathom Five" IN PERSON *shits self*

+ DEFEATED SANITY SHIRT

So V5, give to us your thoughts. :p

I was thinking the same thing

Huh, really? Perhaps turning 21 has allowed me to drink moar beer causing a slight gut, but I don't think it's too noticeable. Possibly just the way I am standing. Also, it doesn't help that the shadows seem to have obscured the delineation between my chin and neck :lol: fail

re: Pollock, I have a 3-5 page paper due about that painting and its relation to the history of painting due on Thursday. Probably will be sort of interesting to see what I come up with.

That piece in particular is far more evocative than a lot of his works to me; the title was suggested by a neighbor of his...it's a Shakespeare quote:

"Full fathom five thy father lies / Of his bones are coral made / Those are pearls that were his eyes."

I feel like this pretty much fully encapsulates what the painting is representing; a churning torrent of pure energy, applied in as many different ways as there are feelings...and on top of that, there is the symbolism of death by shipwreck in there of course...I'm sure I have much more to say about this, but abstract expressionism, to me, is probably one of the most powerful forms of art.

Also, the "art friends" thing is supposed to be funny to some extent; I regard my friends I've kept since high school as different from friends I have in my major for some reason...it probably has something to do with the fact that my separate "groups" of friends and acquaintances don't interact at all. I was in New York last weekend with about a third/quarter of the students in the art department, and some professors.

Huh, really? Perhaps turning 21 has allowed me to drink moar beer causing a slight gut, but I don't think it's too noticeable. Possibly just the way I am standing. Also, it doesn't help that the shadows seem to have obscured the delineation between my chin and neck :lol: fail

Yeah somehow it looks like there's more fat in your face. Might just be an illusion. I hope so anyway :lol:

How about this dude:

paintingdude.jpg

Interestingly, the two 'people' we've identified seem to be reaching out toward each other...

Vihris, that's actually a good catch. grinder...not so much :lol:

Anyway, at least you will be able to TELL NEXT MONTH WHEN WE'RE GETTING CRUNK AND HEADBANGING!11