The pics thread

I don't even have a TV in my flat here. I tell women it's because if I go in my bedroom it's to do something serious, but really it's because I hate TV and you have to pay for a license just to own one in the UK. I do 'have' one at my room at mum's house, but it can stay there.

Well JFAD doesn't post very often any more and I hate the British Broadcasting Corp, which the license funds so nobody is going to be defending it.

anyway you reminded me of an essay I wrote. but I can't quote it because I only handed it in yesterday and they do some check to see if any of the text is posted on the internet.

I fucking wish people had to pay licenses to watch TV in the US. It would be nice if there were fewer people brainwashed by commercials and pro-establishment 'news'.

I wasn't really saying that with any practical considerations in mind. I'm sure internet news is taking an ever increasing portion of the market share for news, though there are still plenty of old/uneducated/poor people out there who do not use the internet regularly and who 'depend' upon TV for stimulation during their free time.

zabu of nΩd;9558663 said:
I fucking wish people had to pay licenses to watch TV in the US. It would be nice if there were fewer people brainwashed by commercials and pro-establishment 'news'.

I just wish people would watch more independent, non-major stations tbh.

Why? That's what the internet is for. I haven't tuned in to TV in years, except what I have to hear in public places.

For some reason, the first time I read this, I read it as if you were saying "the Internet is where you get misinformation" somehow, and I was about to *look of disapproval*.

secrettotrolling.jpg