The pics thread

:kickass:

My kid/kids better fucking like Metal or they're going to have a hard life.

I just meant that they're going to really dig looking through all of them and playing them and stealing them because that's how my brother and I were with my parent's records... Like Queen, Meatloaf, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Eric Clapton and all these records with really cool art we thought were so awesome and some of them scared us like there was one of Queen where a giant robot man was eating people and it really scared me/intruiged me when I was little. That's probably how you're kids are going to feel.

It's a good thing as long as you're not overly protective of your records being touched.

I dont think anyone is as cool as me.

IMG_1694.jpg

Worthy of a quote.

By the way. Who takes the pictures?!

I wanted to post larger sized versions of a couple of those pictures so you can actually see the details...hope they don't stretch the size. If you want to see any of the other pictures larger let me know.

100_1090-1.jpg

100_1075-1.jpg

100_1081-1.jpg

And the CDs:

NWOBHM:

100_1091.jpg

Old School Death Metal:

100_1092.jpg

More Old School Death Metal:

100_1093.jpg

Newer Old School Death Metal:

100_1094.jpg

Black Metal:

100_1095.jpg

Assorted:

100_1096.jpg

Patches:

100_1097.jpg

All of them except Nominon (which I got from the band), Solstice, Cirith Ungol (both of which I got from The Miskatonic Foundation) and Corrupt (which I got from Blood Harvest) came with Die Hard editions of albums.

Yeah, like that's going to sell cheaply.

It's odd, I just happened to come across Spicilege in a random distro a few months ago (don't remember the name of it), so I ordered it, and once I got it it turned out to be the slipcase version...I wonder if the guy knew it was more rare. Either way, it's a very nice slipcase, instead of the average, redundant album cover duplication slipcases that are so prominent.

Yeah, I like when they're different art like how Agalloch's Ashes Against The Grain was the coal drawing done by A. Tolonen of Nest.

I'm going to watch that auction but if it goes up to high I'm just going to drop some money on albums I've been meaning to pick up - or wait to order the limited edition of Primordial's To The Nameless Dead so I can get the bonus live disc :D

I should really jump on that Primordial bandwagon...I've heard a few of their albums, not not in years, and I don't own any yet.