The pics thread

hi-fivefail.gif

I hate when this happens.

Cosplay is pretty lame. More pictures are needed to counter my argument, as the one above is hardly cosplay in the first place. A Darth Vader costume and light saber alone aren't nearly nerdy enough, especially in what appears to be a private setting (even if it is a photoshoot). Cosplay is fat middle aged men dressing up as Sailor Saturn, ogling twelve year old girls dressed as Misty, in one large convention of nerdiness.

Am I the only one that has never owned a pair of sunglasses (ignoring a pair of mini Ray Bans I had when I was ~4 years old)? I understand that there are applications for people that drive frequently towards the sun's light, but just walking around I've never understood it. Plus it means that if you say hi to me wearing them that I'll have no clue who you are.

Sunglasses serve an important function, they protect your eyes from getting sun damage. Polarising is best to reduce glare with as well.

Sun damage to the eyes can cause reduced vision and may lead to blindness.

See: Pterygium, Uveitis, Penguecula (ok my spelling is awful)

My eyesight is perfect. Considering all the people I know that wear sunglasses and need contacts, I hereby theorize that sufficient doses of ultraviolet light are necessary for properly exercising the various optic muscles, and that without said exercise they will atrophy and be unable to exert sufficient motor force to bend the optic lens to the appropriate focus level.

My eyesight is perfect. Considering all the people I know that wear sunglasses and need contacts, I hereby theorize that sufficient doses of ultraviolet light are necessary for properly exercising the various optic muscles, and that without said exercise they will atrophy and be unable to exert sufficient motor force to bend the optic lens to the appropriate focus level.

I am suspicious that this might be the case. I have been wearing polarized lenses for about 3 years now, and now am noticably sensitive to the extremely bright sunlight where I am at, moreso than I was before. I am slowly trying to get my eyes used to the sun again.

It's too bad the sun is an Illuminati conspiracy meant to physically "blind" our eyes through UV ray dissemination, thus keeping us from seeing the truth behind every situation.