The pics thread

So we ended up getting some form of white Christmas:

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

zabu of nΩd;10122927 said:
why does southern Australia have such weird weather?

I think the degradation of the ozone layer over this area has led to more tropical climes down here, but we've also got the antarctic blasts coming from the south, so they are locked in a never ending battle which produces things like what we saw on xmas day (28°C and humid as fuck, with an hour long hail storm in the afternoon, producing hailstones the size of tennis balls in some areas). I'm only guessing though. It may well be because of aliens.

Haha... That's true, and we don't nearly have as many bands come here like you guys do. We actually had a pretty bad hail and electrical storm a couple of weeks ago, I was over in New South Wales at the time.

375264_10151055449585648_886850647_22172471_1570094436_n.jpg

Hailstones in my mate's front yard.

That's some rather serious shit.

I think there's hail in Texas at least, far as the U.S. goes. They also have tornados, which are pretty nuts.

zabu of nΩd;10122983 said:
That's some rather serious shit.

I think there's hail in Texas at least, far as the U.S. goes. They also have tornados, which are pretty nuts.

Since I moved to Kansas City in 2005, we have had at least 4 bad hail storms, several more that were less serious.

Glad I don't live in an area with tornadoes. I drove through Joplin during the drive from Chicago to Vegas back in late May and witnessed some of the devastation, it was totally unreal:

247542_10150201275587910_500802909_6974947_5796355_n.jpg

AhpvfKMCQAE2ug8.jpg:large

And before anyone thinks that being under the influence of marijuana could contribute to the number of fatal car accidents, a recent study is proving otherwise:

An amazing study authored by professors D. Mark Anderson (University of Montana) and Daniel Rees (University of Colorado) shows that traffic deaths have been reduced in states where medical marijuana is legalized.

According to their findings, the use of medical marijuana has caused traffic related fatalities to fall by nearly nine percent in states that have legalized medical marijuana (via The Truth About Cars).

The study notes that this is equal to the effect raising the drinking age to 21 had on reducing traffic fatalities.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com...a-beer-sales-traffic-fatalities#ixzz1hpNEeKme

According to their findings, the use of medical marijuana has caused traffic related fatalities to fall by nearly nine percent in states that have legalized medical marijuana (via The Truth About Cars).
To establish causation, they'd have to have two states identical in every single way except for legalized medical marijuana. Since they haven't done this, all they have is correlation. "In states where medical marijuana has been legalized, traffic-related fatalities have decreased over the same time period" would be the proper way to say it. There are any number of potential confounding variables. The fact that they would commit such a glaring error leads me to suspect that this is just another bunch of stoners who want pot to be legal. I'm in favor of legalization, but the movement is its own worst enemy...

To establish causation, they'd have to have two states identical in every single way except for legalized medical marijuana. Since they haven't done this, all they have is correlation. "In states where medical marijuana has been legalized, traffic-related fatalities have decreased over the same time period" would be the proper way to say it. There are any number of potential confounding variables. The fact that they would commit such a glaring error leads me to suspect that this is just another bunch of stoners who want pot to be legal. I'm in favor of legalization, but the movement is its own worst enemy...

Your first point is fair, your second one however is not. The movement's worst enemy are the drug company lobbyists in Washington. That's the main reason why marijuana is still illegal. It has nothing to do with who uses it or where we get it from or any of that shit. The fact of the matter is, drug companies know they'll lose a shit ton of money if marijuana is legalized because they can't patent a naturally occuring plant.

The fact that marijuana is only legal in certain states when designated for medicinal use is absolutely absurd. If the shit can be considered "medicinal," and is known to have so many different properties that benefit human beings aside from putting them in a good mental state and making everything else in the world more enjoyable, how can this possibly even be considered bad anymore? It just blows me mind. Especially when you consider that some of the retards in Washington who are totally opposed to legalizing it, who through probability alone, enjoy alcohol or have no problem with alcohol being legal despite the fact that the body has no use for alcohol and it has no healthy properties at all. I mean, there is no such thing as "medicinal alcohol" or "medicinal tobacco." There is however medicinal marijuana, and it's fucking illegal in most places on earth! fiajgijattuatujapogpoajg

Idiocy defined.

It's even more ridiculous that one of the classifications for the DEA's Schedule 1 drugs under the Controlled Substance Act is:

"The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States."