The pics thread

god damn I love Aliens

So does this guy:

yH2pl8pB86k.jpg

So a few days ago i wake up to what i thought was a small earthquake, only to step outside and see this ...

CIMG2835_zps889b747f.jpg

CIMG2834_zps56c27cbb.jpg

It was one of the largest, oldest Oak trees in our city. Luckily it was early in the morning and no one was parked underneath or driving by when it toppled.

How hard is it to get that stuff in Australia? I've lived in former territory of Mexico my entire life, and in all my privilege I have virtually no hot sauce experience.

How hard is it to get that stuff in Australia? I've lived in former territory of Mexico my entire life, and in all my privilege I have virtually no hot sauce experience.

Pretty easy if you know where to look. There's a Spanish deli/market around the corner from where I live with a magnificent range.

I do not get why people mask the flavor of all their food by covering it with hot stuff. My wife does it and the only explanation I get is "I've always done that". But she just uses straight cayenne. I knew a guy who used Cholula on just about everything. I don't get it.

I do not get why people mask the flavor of all their food by covering it with hot stuff. My wife does it and the only explanation I get is "I've always done that". But she just uses straight cayenne. I knew a guy who used Cholula on just about everything. I don't get it.

First: Cholula is decent, but barely hot sauce. Second: the more you eat hot stuff, the higher the tolerance and more you need to get the same effect. Believe it or not you can sort of "pair" hot sauces with certain foods. I find certain ones that are better for italian, mexican, seafood, etc. I can understand how someone not into hot stuff wouldn't get why anyone would like it, but for those who do, it doesn't mask the flavor it enhances it.

Sriracha all the way.

Wizard's Hot Sauce aint bad either. (More for flavor than spice)

EDIT:

I also think you adapt to the hot shits. Ive eaten spicy food ever since I was a kid, and it doesnt affect me at all. Even some crazy ass hot shit. There was a bar by me that uses their own Habanero hot sauce. No hot shits even from that, and I had to take my time with that burger. Dont even get me started on their Japaleno margaritas...

So that's the source of your sauce?

ZING.

I don't put hot sauce on everything. Far from it, actually. I mainly use it for Mexican. And I fucking love Mexican food, so a vast range of sauce has become somewhat of a hobbie. Combining the flavours is all sorts of funtimes.

First: Cholula is decent, but barely hot sauce.

Cholula isn't really hot, but the flavour is awesome.

Second: the more you eat hot stuff, the higher the tolerance and more you need to get the same effect. Believe it or not you can sort of "pair" hot sauces with certain foods. I find certain ones that are better for italian, mexican, seafood, etc. I can understand how someone not into hot stuff wouldn't get why anyone would like it, but for those who do, it doesn't mask the flavor it enhances it.

Yep.

Sriracha all the way.

I like Sriracha, but I never use it on Mexican food. Goes nice in pasta sauce or on my scrambled eggs for breakfast, but that's about it.

I also think you adapt to the hot shits. Ive eaten spicy food ever since I was a kid, and it doesnt affect me at all. Even some crazy ass hot shit. There was a bar by me that uses their own Habanero hot sauce. No hot shits even from that, and I had to take my time with that burger. Dont even get me started on their Japaleno margaritas...

I get them occasionally and they aren't fun. But it's all worth it.

First: Cholula is decent, but barely hot sauce. Second: the more you eat hot stuff, the higher the tolerance and more you need to get the same effect. Believe it or not you can sort of "pair" hot sauces with certain foods. I find certain ones that are better for italian, mexican, seafood, etc. I can understand how someone not into hot stuff wouldn't get why anyone would like it, but for those who do, it doesn't mask the flavor it enhances it.

Agreed on all counts.

As for actual 'hot' sauce I like Belizean Heat. Straight up habanero heat, but also with a good flavor.

I do eat stuff like Cholula on pizza too just for the flavor. Red Rooster is a good sauce on chicken based dishes or eggs.