The pics thread

I would love to hear you elaborate your thoughts and reasons behind that... :Smug:

I would love to hear you elaborate your thoughts and reasons behind ... killing beautiful living things for fun, you goddammn retarded fucking redneck. Do you get some kind of insane twisted sadistic thrill out of seeing the life drain out of the eyes of a beautiful natural life-form that you have just erased for your own perverted twisted pleasure? If only serial killers could be so selective as to keep your sort exclusively in mind for their "cullings"...

I would love to hear you elaborate your thoughts and reasons behind ... killing beautiful living things for fun, you goddammn retarded fucking redneck. Do you get some kind of insane twisted sadistic thrill out of seeing the life drain out of the eyes of a beautiful natural life-form that you have just erased for your own perverted twisted pleasure? If only serial killers could be so selective as to keep your sort exclusively in mind for their "cullings"...

Not sure if troll or not with such retarded statement but I'll bite the bait. This is by no mean just for fun. Sure there has to be some enjoyment to it otherwise no one will care for it. This is to keep the population of the animals to a certain limit (not too much, not too few) otherwise they will not function either way because they'll run out off food. So either we shoot them to death (which if it's done correctly, they'll barely suffer at all), taking care of the meat (either by using it myself or sell/give it to someone who wants it) or we let them starve to death (especially during winter). Humans are predators who has been and will continue to hunt and kill for food. Deal with it, I don't care about you and your pride of being a moral white knight.

Not sure if troll or not with such retarded statement but I'll bite the bait. This is by no mean just for fun. Sure there has to be some enjoyment to it otherwise no one will care for it. This is to keep the population of the animals to a certain limit (not too much, not too few) otherwise they will not function either way because they'll run out off food. So either we shoot them to death (which if it's done correctly, they'll barely suffer at all), taking care of the meat (either by using it myself or sell/give it to someone who wants it) or we let them starve to death (especially during winter). Humans are predators who has been and will continue to hunt and kill for food. Deal with it, I don't care about you and your pride of being a moral white knight.

I'm perfectly aware of the concept of and need for culling - it's the "enjoyment" aspect of it that is so sickening. I'm a teacher and I used to feel bad about shouting at kids to be quiet before I switched to teaching adults - meanwhile there is some clusterfuck who is actually *enjoying* shooting the living fuck out of some beautiful deer in Sweden - "Mmmmm, I love the way they thrash around after being impaled with my mini-bazooka, so FUCKING SEXY!!!!" :fu::fu:

You do realize that the meat you buy at the store isn't alive, right? Somebody had to kill that animal for you to eat, stop being so ignorant. Personally, the only other reason i would kill an animal would be in a self-defense situation. The whole population control thing is a pretty sad excuse anyway, unless the animal is predatory and a threat to human life. For example, alligator population definitely has to be controlled in the bayous. I have no problem with putting a bullet in the head of an animal that wants to eat one of my nephews.

But i agree that anyone that hunts for sport is a fucking pathetic human being who probably has some seriously deep inner problems.

I'm perfectly aware of the concept of and need for culling - it's the "enjoyment" aspect of it that is so sickening. I'm a teacher and I used to feel bad about shouting at kids to be quiet

Ah... So I'm gonna feel bad just because something is terrible wrong inside your head? :err:
Well now I know the issue. Unfortunately I've got enough of people like you at work so on my spare time I feel no need to involve with more of them so from my part, I'll just end the discussion here.

Hunting for sport would be cool if it was actually a sport, instead of some dickhead in camouflage having beers until something crosses his path.

I used to go spear and boomerang hunting in the bush when I was super young, that was sport.
Then again shit like darts and card games are considered sport so [shrug]

tardigrade.jpg

Tardigrades (or water bear) in space.

---
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/722665main_pia16682-full_full.jpg

Andromeda galaxy
The new image reveals some of the very coldest dust in the galaxy.