The pics thread

Nice. I need to get a new turntable. The one I currently have is shit. What model is this?

It's the one TB posted, Audio-Technica AT-LP60-USB. I have no complaints about the sound and the digital conversions sound good. Audiophiles on the web have a boatload of complaints (who'd a thought?), but they also say that the only acceptable starter turntables are those in the $250-$400 range. They have one complaint that may be of concern: they claim that the disc rotation isn't consistent, which increases or decreases the tempo randomly at moments, but only minutely and only for a very brief moment. I mainly listen to classical, so, if that is the case, I wouldn't notice it anyways. I would love to spin some metal, but I'm not trying to pick up an expensive habit at the moment--used classical vinyls are super cheap and generally in good condition. The selections are pretty good too because they're not in demand. I'm looking forward to hitting my local thrift store's collection tomorrow. $1 per vinyl plus a 25% student discount.

whaat the fuuuuuck! Some people have no fuckin' shame whatsoever. UGH!

I think it's vaguely possible they're both by Frazetta. He does have stuff that's an obvious reworking of his other stuff. Besides, a lot of his style is pretty close to the detailing in The Slav Epic by Alphonse Mucha. There are many parts to that, so google it for yourself.

But here's one:

Slovane_v_pravlasti_81x61m.jpg