The pics thread

Only my 10th time at the range I think in my entire life. Not bad considering...

I am definitely getting over the recoil anticipation though.
Only #10, must say, that is impressive then. Recoil anticipation withers away the more you shoot. If you really want to nip it in the bud, fire some real high caliber stuff regularly, before you know it, even a .45 won't make you flinch. How's your stance?

Only #10, must say, that is impressive then. Recoil anticipation withers away the more you shoot. If you really want to nip it in the bud, fire some real high caliber stuff regularly, before you know it, even a .45 won't make you flinch. How's your stance?

Stance is okay. I think my grip is fucking me up more than anything else. I'll work on it. Shooting is a neat activity on a day off work. Cleaning the damn gun every time sucks but is necessary.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Stance is okay. I think my grip is fucking me up more than anything else. I'll work on it. Shooting is a neat activity on a day off work. Cleaning the damn gun every time sucks but is necessary.
It's just one of those things where practice is your best friend. It's apart of the process like everything else, I personally find it soothing to go over the parts and clean them. Any favorite calibers or models?

It's just one of those things where practice is your best friend. It's apart of the process like everything else, I personally find it soothing to go over the parts and clean them. Any favorite calibers or models?

I'm running a S&W M&P Shield 9mm as my concealed carry gun right now. I would like a 45 or pocket gun and a shotgun soon.

I'm running a S&W M&P Shield 9mm as my concealed carry gun right now. I would like a 45 or pocket gun and a shotgun soon.
Not a bad selection, although I personally wouldn't rely on a 9x19mm for concealed carry. S&W are one of the finest brands known to man on the other hand, and the M&P is a lovely short-muzzle quick draw. Any particular .45s, pocket guns, or shotguns?

Not a bad selection, although I personally wouldn't rely on a 9x19mm for concealed carry. S&W are one of the finest brands known to man on the other hand, and the M&P is a lovely short-muzzle quick draw. Any particular .45s, pocket guns, or shotguns?

Shotgun choices: Mossberg 500 or Benelli Nova
45 choices: S&W Shield or a Sig Sauer
Pocket gun: Ruger LCP or S&W Bodyguard

What do you prefer for concealment?

Shotgun choices: Mossberg 500 or Benelli Nova
45 choices: S&W Shield or a Sig Sauer
Pocket gun: Ruger LCP or S&W Bodyguard

What do you prefer for concealment?
.45 ACP 1911A1, .38 ACP snub-nose, pig sticker. Keep a Remington 870 and a few others for home defense. All excellent choices though, particularly the Mossberg. I've been considering a handcannon of sorts lately, vacillating between a Wildey .475, an S&W M29, and a Taurus Raging Bull.

Get the gun, shoot, shoot, shoot.
hqdefault.jpg

Long night. My dogs were playing outside and my husky/st Bernard mix tackled my American bulldog through a window.

Four hours and 13 staples later...

IMG_1912.JPG

Betsie is good to go, if a bit of a groggy doggy.

Last edited: