The pics thread

Got my hands on another of my grandfather's old guitars. This is a '64 Silvertone 1448, made by Danelectro and sold by Sears, and it includes a guitar case with a built-in guitar amp. The guitar was in pretty bad condition. The neck was nearly warped and it doesn't have an adjustable truss rod. When strung and tuned, the strings hung a half inch above the fret board at the 12th fret. I cleaned it up, did what I could to straighten the neck and compensated for the remaining curve by dropping the bridge and shimmying the neck pocket, and got it back to playable. This thing sounds great. The lipstick pickup is fat yet bright and the hollow body gives it an interesting resonance. The action is still pretty high, so I'm thinking this would be a good guitar for slide. Either way, it's nice to jam on.
Case with built in amp? What is this prehistoric sorcery? Pretty cool and wacky looking guitar

But like, communism is totally better because communism totally wasn't racist. Didn't you know that's like, what counts?
Shit. Never thought of it like that. THE CAKE IS A LIE. As long as it's not racially identarian, it's understandable man. You don't know how trying it is being a powermad headcase with trained killers at your beck and call.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
R-9590799-1483296576-6894.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: CiG
Got my hands on another of my grandfather's old guitars. This is a '64 Silvertone 1448, made by Danelectro and sold by Sears, and it includes a guitar case with a built-in guitar amp. The guitar was in pretty bad condition. The neck was nearly warped and it doesn't have an adjustable truss rod. When strung and tuned, the strings hung a half inch above the fret board at the 12th fret. I cleaned it up, did what I could to straighten the neck and compensated for the remaining curve by dropping the bridge and shimmying the neck pocket, and got it back to playable. This thing sounds great. The lipstick pickup is fat yet bright and the hollow body gives it an interesting resonance. The action is still pretty high, so I'm thinking this would be a good guitar for slide. Either way, it's nice to jam on.

Only one single-coil pickup? I bet that fucker is dirty as hell sounding.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil