The pics thread

Ah that's another big factor I forgot to mention. Shipping is fucking retarded, I dunno if it used to be this bad 10 years ago or I just didn't care then, but these days it's like buying two items just to ship one!

I'm the same, I don't like the shipping fees and buying direct from the labels is getting bloody difficult because many of them fuck around with releases so much. I don't like buying digital but sometimes I have to bite the bullet.

The one thing that really shits me is how expensive it is to buy a physical copy of an album like Road Warrior's Power when I could drive to the band's house and steal a copy from their CD player in less time than it would take to get sent here.

Reactions: CiG
The one thing that really shits me is how expensive it is to buy a physical copy of an album like Road Warrior's Power when I could drive to the band's house and steal a copy from their CD player in less time than it would take to get sent here.

Hahaha. Great point!

My rule of thumb these days is to buy digital (so I don't rob the bands of money) and then buy physical copies of the top tier of the digital shit I buy.

I like the idea of buying digital and then buying physical when I see the band live but it doesn't always work out.

I used to be frustrated (especially after Vitus toured Australia and then at the last minute cancelled their W.A. shows and fucked off home) but now I'm just somebody who doesn't give a single fuck about shows.

Deep down so do I (though all this tinnitus talk has me somewhat thankful I missed out on so much of it), seeing Devo and Kraftwerk live was two of the best moments in my life. :D
It was clubs and electronic music that gave me tinnitus. Seeing bands, your ears at least get several breaks over the course of a show. Clubs are fucked.

Seriously? I would hate to have to admit that.
Even back in the early 90's we were wearing plugs on and around stage most nights. But there wasn't another band's gig we went to that we didn't wear them. We always had the thought that going deaf was bad but going deaf listening to someone elses shit was unforgivable.

Seriously? I would hate to have to admit that.
Even back in the early 90's we were wearing plugs on and around stage most nights. But there wasn't another band's gig we went to that we didn't wear them. We always had the thought that going deaf was bad but going deaf listening to someone elses shit was unforgivable.
I wore plugs to see bands more than I did when I went to clubs because the frequencies were more harsh. But yeah it's the constant exposure that fucks your ears more. Stupidity, I know.

Reactions: Slammed
I did an audio engineering course when I was 16 which was a lot of theory but was also a lot of theory about how a person hears and what their ears are glue on their heads for. The guys who ran the course didn't just want to teach people to twiddle knobs they wanted people to understand how sound worked and effected people. I remember the whole hairs in the ear images and how they don't grow back stuff vividly. Then as I moved into the work force even as an IT consult I had to wear ear protection at the power stations, so hearing protection was kind of in the back of my mind. But my mum worked in an audiology testing centre when I was growing up so in most cases hearing protection was just easier than listening to Mum's lectures :)

Reactions: Satanstoenail
FdQFPxo.jpg

I much prefer buying music in digital format now, but I still pirate a lot because I don't think it's worth the money and/or I listen to way more than I can afford. Even the stuff I paid for only gets a few listens sometimes. I still buy CDs of some local bands and a few favourites, especially if I want to see the info in the booklet. I stopped buying DVDs after ending up with a few poor quality discs, unless I absolutely can't find the thing online.

My CD shelf is nice and lightweight but holds plenty. The top 5 rows are all New Zealand music organised by genre:

3Z81eOI.jpg